Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Good Fortune

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Good Fortune   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 12:40 pm

November 26

I Am Good Fortune

I do not seek good fortune. I am good fortune.
—Walt Whitman

On an episode of Northern Exposure, the character Shelly received a chain letter telling her that if she mailed the letter on to a friend within three days, she would enjoy unprecedented good luck. Believing the prophecy, she copied the letter and mailed it at the local post office. To Shelly’s delight, all manner of good things befell her, and many blessings she desired came true; she felt deeply grateful that the good fortune of the chain letter came her way. A week later when Shelly returned to the post office, the clerk held up her letter and informed her that he did not mail it because she needed more postage. Shelly’s jaw dropped when she realized that the letter was not the source of her good luck. She admitted, “I guess we are in charge of our own lives. ”

There is no force outside of you that can determine what happens to you. But there is a very potent force inside you that sets the stage for every event you experience. Enlightenment is an inside job. Luck is not a capricious gift that whimsically falls into our lap; it is a force we activate with our thoughts, feelings, attitude, words, and actions.

If you are waiting for your ship to come in, get into the captain’s seat and pilot it yourself. If you are waiting for a particular person to come along and make your life wonderful, that person is you. The more you love yourself, the greater your power to draw quality companions. At this very moment, you have everything you need to set into motion a chain of events that will change your life forever.

I claim my power to generate my good.

Thank you, God, for allowing me to co-create miracles
with you.

I call all of my good to me now.
It is done unto me as I believe.

----------

This meditation is an excerpt from Alan Cohen's meditation book, A Deep Breath of Life.

Last edited by nannamom on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct HTML code)
Back to top Go down

Good Fortune
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1