Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome to our 4 newest members...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Welcome to our 4 newest members...   Thu 16 Dec 2010, 1:01 pm

Hello & Welcome to our newest members:
MyPinkRainbow, Dolos, MyAngel & WGarner

Hello to all of you and I am very glad to see that we have had four new members join us this week that I would like to welcome to the forum & get to know much better!! My name is Beth & I am a Suboxone patient who has been in recovery since May of 2008, well a little before that, but May 5th is when I actually began my successful journey of recovery due to starting Suboxone that day. My entire life is different today than what it was compared to before that time period. I feel like a completely different person today & a person that I can respect & actually like, rather than the addict that I was, filled with self loathing & disgust. It has taken me some time to actually get to this point, but through persistance & the aide of Suboxone, well here I am! "But for the grace of God go I..." I never thought it would be possible for me to live my life without the use of opiates & I had all but given up at trying to stop using, as I had tried so many times previously to stop using, only to fall back yet once again. And everytime that I failed at my attempts of recovery, the lower & lower I sunk into my deep black hole of self hatred. I had to do things that I would have never considered doing had I not "NEEDED" my daily dosage of Oxycontins, which was completely out of control due to my high tolerance which was only continuing to spiral out of control. My habit could have easily cost me $500.00 per day & in this instance, I am glad that I don't have that kind of money or I would probably be dead today instead of here welcoming you to a whole new lifestyle without all of that pressure of good vs. evil going on within me. Suboxone has certainly been a life saving, miracle medication for me as well as millions of others who have had the opportunity to go onto it. Are any of you on Suboxone? Or thinking about beginning it? If you have any questions, we are here to help. If you need to locate a Provider or are having difficulty paying for your prescription- we can help to point you in the right direction of what you are looking for, as well as just being here to listen if you need to "vent" to others who understand what it is like to be where you are in your journey of recovery. If you have any questions or concerns about Suboxone, we can also help you by letting you know what has been "normal" side effects that we have also experienced or to let you know if you possibly need to discuss something further with your Provider about your dosage or side effects or whatever it is that you may experience by taking this medication. That is what this forum is here for- to help others who suffer from opiate addiciton to get into recovery & a whole other lifestyle that can be quite fulfilling instad of trying to fill that hole within by using. Dee is our forum Manager as well as one of our three Moderators, the other two being myself & Barbara. We are here to listen & to help, as we have all been in the same spot & are now in recovery & want the same for all of you!! Yet, we need to hear from you to know what it is that we can help you through. I know that it can be quite difficult to come onto a new forum & just spill your very worst moments out to others, but I can assure you that you will never be judged nor ridiculed for what you have done or gone through, as we have all had our moments & recovery means being able to leave the past in the past. There is nothing that you can say that would surprise us or deter us from wanting to help you, if you want the help! I can only assume that by becoming members here that you are also experiencing effects of opiate abuse & strongly encouarage you to open up & let it out. It will be a huge relief to get it all out of you, like a big weight lifted from your shoulders allowing you to breath out a little more peacefully. That is what I strive for everyday- inner peace. Something that I NEVER had while using, but am finding more & more of throughout my own journey of recovery because of my inner attitude change & being grateful to be alive & well today! I am thankful to be given this last chance as I wasn't headed anywhere but down until I found out about this medication & found this forum to open up to others who have been in my same situations & how they have handled it, what has worked or hasn't worked for others who have already gone through what I am experiencing at that time. As I said, I strongly encourage all of you to please open up & share what it is that you are currently enduring & how we could possibly help you through it or how your experiences may help someone else who reads about them. I really look forward to getting to know each & every one of you better! Again, welcome to The Light at the End of the Tunnel & know within your heart that it really is possible to be free again from that anchor of addiction!

Yours throughout this journey,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to our 4 newest members...   Sun 19 Dec 2010, 12:21 am

Hello and Welcome to all of you,
My name is Dee (nannamom) and it is a pleasure to meet you.
I am sorry that I am late in sending you this welcome, it has been a madhouse around my house lately.
What is it that WE CAN DO FOR YOU? Please take your time and read the posts of the other members, your questions are most welcome. If you have any concerns about your recovery or just want to share your experiences we would love to hear from you.
We have a section for Stories of recovery so if you would like to tell us how you got started on Suboxone please do. I want all of you to know that you are not alone. We are here for you and we care.
Beth and I are here most days, we have another moderator that pops in from time to time and her name is Barbara.

Christmas time is a wonderful time of year but for some people it can be a lonely time especially when you feel like there isn't anyone out there that understand what you are going through. We have walked in those shoes and we know what it's like.
If you haven't already checked out our Suboxone Assisted Treatment website, please do. It is a wealth of information on the subjects of Suboxone, Addiction, and recovery. The URL for the website is:
www.suboxneassistedtreatment.org We also have a website for people who choose to take Methadone to help them manage their addiction to opiates and that URL is:
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
I hope that you all will stop by to say hello and let us know how you are doing.
Yours in Recovery,
~nannamom

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Welcome to our 4 newest members...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1