Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Today's Thought; Committing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Today's Thought; Committing   Mon 27 Dec 2010, 1:53 pm

Words that do not match deeds are not important.
--Che Guevara

We say we want to get out of debt. We say we need more money. We say we need a higher-paying job. We say we're going to stop gambling. We say we're going to take better care of our health. We say we're going to pay someone back. We say we're going to start a spending plan. We say we're going to start recording our expenses. All of this and more we say we'll do someday.

With the new year approaching, we commit to doing the positive things we say we're going to do, regardless of how tiresome, boring, or painful they may be. When we really don't want to go ahead with it – whatever it may be – we remind ourselves of the commitment we made. We write it down. We fulfill our commitment. In doing so, we affirm that we really can have or do what we say. We feel better about ourselves, and others find us trustworthy and honorable. We create integrity.

Reading today's thought brought into my mind many emails that I receive from patients seeking help.
Saying the words "We need" is easy. But it is actually committing and acting on those words that is important. Empty words are a dime a dozen.
How badly does someone want recovery?
How badly does someone need to want recovery?

There is help out there for those of you who may be reading this and want that help. But it won't come to you. Get up and work for it. Go out and take action, it may not happen today, and it may not happen tomorrow but with hard work and determination it WILL happen.

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Today's Thought; Committing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1