Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"Act Now!!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: "Act Now!!"   Tue 04 Jan 2011, 12:23 pm

January 2

Act Now

There are two fatal errors that keep great projects from coming to life:

1. Not finishing

2. Not starting
— Buddha
While living at a farming community, our group planned to erect a new house. For many months, we discussed the plans, and because we did not fully agree, nothing was done. Then one day, one man went out to the building site with a plumb line and began to hammer stakes into the ground. It wasn’t long before the house was built.

You can think and talk about a project for a long time, but only action will manifest it. If you wait until you’re ready, you’ll never get anything done. Don’t wait until all the conditions are perfect for you to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.

Work through my hands to bring about the things
that will serve You.

I step forward with the trust that Spirit
is moving through me to create good.

----------
This meditation is an excerpt from Alan Cohen's meditation book, A Deep Breath of Life.

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: "Act Now!!"   Wed 05 Jan 2011, 1:26 pm

Thanks Beth,
You know, this simple thought reminds me of me years ago. Taking that first step, waiting until conditions were right. I had every opportunity to get into recovery but always said I'd wait until it was the "right" time.
What in the hell was I waiting for? I had someone who could help me take care of my child so that wasn't the problem. I had health insurance, so that wasn't the problem. The problem was me. It was within me.
I wasn't ready. I knew that if I took that step towards getting myself clean I could never go back. I could never wake up one day and just take a pill or shot for the hell of it. I couldn't never say, yes when I was offered that little bit of whatever someone was going to offer.

My "right" time came when I got tired of running out of pills, when I got tired of not having any money and when I would tell people that I was going to quit but seeing that look on their faces that told me they had heard that story before.

I know lots of people who are forever "kicking" but the end of that kick never comes. I have had them tell me they don't have anyone to help them with their kids, but at the same time they have lots of family and friends that are willing to help, anytime, any day. Others say, they don't have support, "hello what I am? Chopped liver?"

There comes a time when you have to make that final decision, a decision between life or death. Which would YOU prefer. Forget about what others say, what do you say?
Once started, the rest will fall into place.
I'm not going to sit here and tell anyone that recovery is easy because it isn't. There are some days when things don't go right, and there are days when you just don't feel like doing anything. But that is all a part of being "normal." Isn't that what we all want? To be normal.

To me being normal is having a really crappy day and feeling everybit of it without using. Normal is waking up everyday knowing that tomorrow the sun will shine and I will be a part of it. Maybe I live in a fantasy, but this is my fantasy and I intend to live it.
~nannamom

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

"Act Now!!"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Inspirational Quotes :: Thought For Today-
Jump to: