Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Inducton today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jennrae

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-28

PostSubject: Inducton today   Tue 08 Mar 2011, 7:40 pm

Hi, my name is Jenn, and i had my induction appointment today, and i took my first 8mg dose of Suboxone about 2 hrs ago. I have been an addict for 5 yrs. I started taking lortabs/percs recreationally when i was 24, and moved up to IV'ing OC's with in a year. I IVd for about 3 yrs, anywhere from 1-5 OC 80's a day, to 1-5 Morphine 100"s. I signed into a 28 day inpatient rehab 2 yrs ago, got myself sober and made it for 2 wks before i relapsed. Suboxone was frowned upon at the time by the rehab i went to, so that wasnt an option. I made several attempts after that to get clean on my own, usually not making it more than a few days before i relapsed. Well, we relocated 560 miles from home with my husbands job alittle over a year ago, which made it EXTREMLY difficult for me to find my DOC. So i would try and stock up when we went to our hometown once a month. That didnt work, simply because i couldnt control it (big surprise-not), and i would always run out early.I eventually found someone in my new area/home that i could purshase large amounts of Lortab 7.5 from, and was able to get myself off the needle. I have not IV'd anything in 6mths. That in itself was a HUGE accomplishment. But it still wasnt good enough. Then, the only supplier i had moved about a month ago, and to put it bluntly, i was screwed. My sister, who doesnt abuse any drugs whatsoever called my a few weeks ago to tell me of a friend of hers that had recently went into treatment a was put on Suboxone, and is now doing great. I went on'line and did some research on it, which led me to finding a dr, and to this "wonderful" forum. U alls stories have been a blessing to me. All of the information / personal stories have truely been a blessing for me.
Like i mentioned above, i took my 1st dose a couple hrs ago, and i feel good, not high, but "normal". Thank u a million times over for listening, and i will continue to read all of ur post, and keep u guys updated on my recovery. I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Inducton today   Wed 09 Mar 2011, 12:27 am

Welcome jennrae!
Thank you for posting and telling us about your experience. I know exactly how you feel. When I read your story I actually felt like I was reading about myself. I know that must sound like something everyone says, but honestly I have never said that to anyone.
I also started out taking Lortabs, percs and any other pills that ended in codone. I was prescribed them for pain from three failed back surgeries. Eventually I was put on Oxycontin.
I too went onto injecting them and couldn't get enough.
I moved away but came back home every month or so and saw my doctor who was more than happy to give me my refills knowing that I was living in another state.
That was 8 1/2 years ago.
The first four years of my recovery I was a Methadone patient. But I moved back to the state I had moved from to begin with vowing that I would never use again. The problem with that was there was only one Methadone clinic and the waiting list was almost a year long.
I felt crushed. Here I had been in recovery for four years and I was afraid that I was going to start using again unless I did something to stop it. I started looking on the Internet and found the website, Suboxone Assisted Treatment.
I read about Suboxone and decided to find a provider in my area. I have been on Suboxone ever since.

One thing that you will need to remember is that some people will tell you that you should only take Suboxone for a short period of time and others will tell you that you can never stop.
How long you take Suboxone is up to you. That is between you and your provider.
I do want to recommend that you look into getting into some type of group or counseling. Once in recovery you are going to go through some emotional changes. Sometimes you will feel guilty and other times you will feel normal.
Addiction leaves behind some baggage that we all need to deal with. Any time that you need someone to talk to, we are here for you. Always remember that we care about you and how you feel.
You can come here to post and say hello or you can talk about your day. Whatever you want to do.
I am happy to have you here with us.
~nannamom

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
jennrae

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-28

PostSubject: sleep question...   Wed 09 Mar 2011, 11:41 am

thank u for ur post nannamom, i tried to write u back about midnite last nite, and finally fell asleep. It was like i had so much energy last night, that i couldnt go to sleep. Is that normal? I took my 2nd 8mg dose about 8:30pm, so i'm thinking that im not goin to take it tonight quite so late. I take seroquel anyway at night to go to sleep, and im usually out about 20-30 minutes after taking it. It took about 2 hrs to kick in last night though. Do u think it was because of the Suboxone that i had just taken?
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Inducton today   Wed 09 Mar 2011, 9:41 pm

Hi Jennrae
I'm sorry it has taken me so long today to respond back to you.
I would say that yes, taking the Suboxone later on the in day is what more than likely kept you from falling asleep.
Usually when a doctor starts his or her patients out on Suboxone it is done slowly over the first week that way the doctor is able to see what dose of medication is going to work best for the patient, using no more than 8mg on the first day.

After the first week you should start to settle in on your dose. Keep in touch and let me know how your doing.
I'll talk to you later.
Your going to do great, I can already tell.
~nannamom

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inducton today   

Back to top Go down

Inducton today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1