Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hello... I'm new here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Halfpint

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: Hello... I'm new here   Sun 13 Mar 2011, 5:55 pm

Hello all.... I am new to this site/forum and want to introduce myself.

I am a 35 year old mother of 4 wonderful children and I have been on suboxone for one month now. For the past few years I have been addicted to opiates. It started with just random/recreational/social use of vicodin, lortabs and percocet; and then about a year ago I was unfortunately introduced to Roxy's (30mg). I took quite a bit every day... could not do anything without being on it. When I first started taking it, I felt like super woman... with lots of energy and motivation; but that quickly turned to NEEDING it to even get out of bed and function throughout the day. Towards the end I was taking it just to stay out of withdrawals.
I wanted to stop for soooo long, but couldn't do it on my own and was too afraid to tell anybody. Thank God, my husband and father finally confronted me about it (through a series of bad things I did, they figured it out) and helped me get into treatment. I spent a few days inpatient where they started me on suboxone, then a couple weeks outpatient at the same hospital; and am now under the care of an outside physician (suboxone prescribing) and therapist.
I am so thankful for suboxone... without it I would never be doing as well as I am now. I am working to eventually being off of it one day...but for now, I will use it as my "training wheels".
I am hoping to learn more about it and talk to other people who have been (and are at) where I am... I need the support and fellowship.

Thanks,
Mel
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello... I'm new here   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 12:45 am

Hi half pint ~ Mel
It is really great to have you here with us. Right now I am the only moderator working the forum but I am here everyday even on the weekends so if you need anything or just want to talk, let me know. I'll be here.
For a lot of people it's hard to stop. Even after going through treatment. And having a medication that you can take to help you sort things out is such a big help.
Just remember that your not alone.
How does your family feel about you taking Suboxone? I ask because a lot of times our families don't really understand why we feel the need to take medication. If that happens with your family please show them out Suboxone Assisted Treatment website. It might help for them to read about Addiction and Suboxone.
Suboxone is a good tool to ad to the toolbox. Used along with counseling and other resources can make the difference between staying in recovery and relapsing.
I hope that you will continue to post.
Best Wishes
~nannmom

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."

Last edited by nannamom on Tue 15 Mar 2011, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Halfpint

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello... I'm new here   Tue 15 Mar 2011, 10:01 am

Thanks for the reply.... It does feel good to know I am not alone!! I actually had a hard time at the start of my recovery because I felt SO DUMB that I "let" myself get taken over by stupid pills!! Geez, they could've ruined my life (almost did) or killed me!!

Anyway, my family is very supportive of the whole recovery/suboxone process. Usually my husband is the one asking me everyday if I've taken my suboxone... ;-) That is helpful, because I can't imagine if I had to fight a familial battle too!!

Thanks for your welcome... I hope to post alot and talk alot to our "community"

Mel
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello... I'm new here   Sat 19 Mar 2011, 11:41 am

It's always good to hear about family support. Encourage your husband to read as much as he can to educate himself on the subject of addiction. Our Suboxone Assisted Treatment Website contains a lot of information and is a great start.
I have a reason for saying this. Not only will it help him to better understand addiction and answer questions that he might have later on down the road but one day, "if" that day comes and you decide to share your experience with others, they will have questions. And usually the first question is "how long will you take Suboxone" or "Why do you need to take it."
Knowing how to talk to people about addiction will help in uncomfortable situations.

Please don't beat yourself up about your addiction. And never feel that you are "dumb" for becomming addicted to opiates. Some people are able to take them for years and have no problems.
For others it isn't that simple.
If you have any questions Let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

~nannamom

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello... I'm new here   

Back to top Go down

Hello... I'm new here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: