Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Today's Thought 4/8/2011, Relationships

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Today's Thought 4/8/2011, Relationships   Fri 08 Apr 2011, 5:23 pm

Whenever I meet someone new, male or female, I remember my "ideal relationship" list - my list for a partner also represents most of the things I would like in my friendships. When I'm deciding whether I want someone to be my friend, I think of the things on my list that are most important to me, and where I'm willing to compromise.

"Respects my boundaries" should be at the top of my list for any relationship, and when I meet someone new, I pay attention to the signals that show me if they have this quality. I may set boundaries as simple as, "Please don't call after eight o'clock," or "I can't see you tomorrow because I have other plans," or "I don't feel comfortable inviting you over yet."

If these simple boundaries are ignored, I will let the relationship go, knowing that once someone ignores simple boundaries, they will most likely ignore the more important ones. Better to get out now than to repeat past mistakes.

Today's Thought is a reading from the book:
Time to Break Free by Judith r. Smith

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Today's Thought 4/8/2011, Relationships
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1