Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Thought For Today 5/9/2011 To Speak Ill of Others

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Thought For Today 5/9/2011 To Speak Ill of Others   Mon 09 May 2011, 8:09 am

To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves.
~Will Durant

Sometimes we say bad things about others. When we do this, it makes us look bad too. Our friends worry what we might say about them behind their backs. They're afraid to trust us. We become known as gossips.

The things we say about other people tell a lot about us. We are kind or unkind. We gossip or we don't. This doesn't mean we have to say everyone is wonderful all the time. As we work to see ourselves better, we begin to see other people more clearly too. We see their strong points and their weak points. But we can know these things without gossiping about them.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me see others clearly, and in their best light. Let me bring out the good in others.

Action for the Day

Today, I'll list the people I'm closest to at work, school, and home. I'll think of how I talk about them to others. Am I kind?

Today's Thought is a reading from the book:
Keep it Simple by Anonymous

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Thougt for the Day   Mon 09 May 2011, 11:15 pm

That is a great topic.

I find that I've had to deal with resentments.
However,now when they come into my mind I try to tell myself to let it go. What good does a resentment really do? Nothing for me. I don't need to take other peoples' inventory I just need to stay my focus on ME.

There's no need to trash anyone else. If I do that then am I any better than the person I'm talking bad about? No Way.
If I'm really having a probelm with someone I will try to talk to that person and if that doesn't work then it's time for me to put it in my God Box.
I have a box that I will put things I'm having problems with. I try to write it out and turn it over to God. I find my God Box is not as filled as it once was.
I try really hard to keep my focus on myself and not pick someone else apart.
This has taken years to get where I'am today with this.

Now,watch now that I've said this someone is going to aggravate the hell out of me and I'll have to practice my preach....LOL
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Thought For Today 5/9/2011 To Speak Ill of Others   Mon 09 May 2011, 11:21 pm

Marie that's an excellent idea. I still find myself having to catch myself in my thinking, especially lately with my inlaws. I'm really trying but having a hard time of it.
The idea of keeping a God Box is a good one.
Thank you for sharing

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought For Today 5/9/2011 To Speak Ill of Others   

Back to top Go down

Thought For Today 5/9/2011 To Speak Ill of Others
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1