Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Having boundaries doesn't complicate life, it simplifies life.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Having boundaries doesn't complicate life, it simplifies life.   Fri 13 May 2011, 9:41 pm

Having boundaries doesn't complicate life; boundaries simplify life.
~Beyond Codependency

There is a positive aspect to boundary setting. We learn to listen to ourselves and identify what hurt us and what we don't like. But we also learn to identify what feels good.

When we are willing to take some risks and begin actively doing so, we will enhance the quality of our life.

What do we like? What feels good? What brings us pleasure? Whose company do we enjoy? What helps us to feel good in the morning? What's a real treat in our life? What are the small, daily activities that make us feel nurtured and cared for?

We have deprived ourselves too long. There is no need to do that anymore, no need. If it feels good, and the consequences are self-loving and not self-defeating, do it!

Today, I will do for myself those little things that make life more pleasurable. I will not deny myself healthy treats.

today's Thought is a reading from the book:
The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Having boundaries doesn't complicate life, it simplifies life.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1