Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Self Honesty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Self Honesty   Sun 22 May 2011, 1:31 pm

May 22

Self-Honesty

In order to attain peace of mind, I will need to let go of being defensive about my own weaknesses. This does not mean that I will "cast my pearls before swine" or open up to someone who is not able to be kind; only that I recognize that I am not perfect, nor is anyone else. If I am worried about criticism from others, how can they really hurt me if I accept who I am? If they say something that is true about me, so be it. If I don't feel it is true, I needn't take it into my heart; in fact, it may say more about them than me. I trust myself to discriminate. Self-honesty can let me balance from within instead of from without.

I take an honest look within.

If only there were evil people somewhere; insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?
Alexander Solzhenitzyn

Back to top Go down

Self Honesty
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1