Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What are you grateful for?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Fri 13 Jul 2012, 2:15 pm

I am grateful to be alive today to see my son grow into such a fine young man
I am grateful for my recovery
For my provider and that I can talk to her as a person and not just another number or dollar sign
For the beautiful day ahead
For my family who cares so much about me
I am grateful for all of you
My home

With tomorrow being Saturday we have our local farmers market in full swing. It is walking distance from where I live so I plan to walk down and just take my time to enjoy the surroundings and appreciate the simple things

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:56 am

Good morning all:
I'm greatful for my recovery and all of the support I have here and in the real world
I'm greatful for my sponsor. If you've ever heard the saying that parents want to give their children roots and wings, that is exactly what she has given me. Roots in the NA program and wings to begin something that I feel will help many more people.
I'm greatful for my family
I'm greatful for my higher power
I'm greatful for the beauty in the world and the ugliness too and the clarity to see the difference.
I"m greatful for the Just for Today reading I receive in email every morining. I needed it this morning, maybe someone else does so I will share it here:

Much love ladies
Monica
“Social acceptability does not equal recovery.”

Basic Text, p. 22

––––=––––

One of the first things that happens to many of us in recovery is that we start to look better. We get healthier; we bathe; we dress more appropriately. And without the goading of active addiction, many of us finally stop stealing, lying, and hustling. We start to look normal—just by removing the drugs.

Looking normal is very different from being normal. Acceptability in the eyes of the world is a benefit of recovery; it is not the same thing as recovery. We can enjoy the benefits of recovery, but we must take care to nurture their true source. Lasting recovery isn’t found in acceptance from others, but in the inner growth set in motion by the Twelve Steps.

––––=––––

Just for today: I know that looking good isn’t enough. Lasting recovery is an inside job.

I don't normally post from the NA literature here, but the 12 steps are a wonderful tool even if the NAWS doesn't support the choice we've made. This reading in my opinion addresses that.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:53 am

Thank you Monica!

I am so grateful for my recovery, I walked down through downtown yesterday evening with my son. We have an event here every Friday night. All of the shops stay open late, food vendors line the streets, live music etc. Before recovery, just the sight of such an event would have made me find the quietest place around so that I could stop and get high, if there was anything going on I had to be high. I would crave the warmth and energy that it brought so that I could enjoy it more and be the person I wanted to be.
That was before recovery, now today I don't have that need, I don't feel the cravings. I am able to walk slowly through looking at what the vendors have to offer and enjoy myself just as I am. I can have fun just as I am.

I am grateful for life and the opportunities I have ahead of me
I love my family and I am grateful for the love and support they give in return
All of you here on this forum, when I read your posts I see some of me and I see some very strong wonderful friends.
My group ladies
My counselor who has taught me a lot and never gets tired of teaching
My grandchildren and to know they are safe and away from harms way
My home

Today is the Farmers Market and I am going to walk through, pick up some veggies and have fun
have a wonderful day!

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 15 Jul 2012, 10:43 am

Good morning,
This morning I am grateful for the quiet evening spent with family
the new day and to be alive
my recovery
my freedom
my friends
my life and my home
when I look and see what others are going through I am grateful for all that I have.

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday, give a smile freely as we don't know what the other person may be going through. It could just make their day

Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

Hello All:
Today I am greatful for my recovery
I am greatful for my family
I am greatful for the opportunity to reach out to newcomers
I am greatful that I have developed a program of recovery that works for me, and that I know my program doesn't have to work for anyone but me, or be approved by anyone but me.
I am greatful for the support I have found both here and in the real world
I am greatful for people who can disagree without being disagreeable, for they are rare
I am greatful that I can see most things in a positive light today
I am greatful for all that my recovery has blessed me with

Today I intend to relax and enjoy my family. Much love to all of you.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:27 am

This morning I am grateful for so much.
Ten years ago today I stopped using for what I pray is the last time. I don't think I have another in me.
I am forever grateful for my family that has stood by me for all of those years of heartbreak that I put them through.
I am grateful for each opportunity that I have to help someone new to recovery
I am grateful for each blessing of every morning that I wake up
My friends here on this forum, I am grateful for each and every one of you. New ones, old ones that have moved on. All of you have brought something into my life to treasure

Today, I will remember what I've done and how I got here, I will remember that just as recovery came, it can be gone in the blink of an eye
Have a great day

Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

Dee,
Congrats on your 10 years. I'm greatful you made it so I could find you here, because your support and encouragement mean the world to me. That goes for all of the ladies here, you have restored my belief in one addict helping another and for that I am eternally greatful.

I'm greatful today for my recovery.
I'm greatful for the people God has put in my path. Always seems to put them there when I need them the most.
I'm grateful that I realized I had misspelled grateful sorry all. Also grateful that no one corrected me. LOL fingers get ahead of my brain sometimes
I'm grateful that I have a good provider who I can be honest with
I'm grateful for my sponsor, my hp, and my program and that I know it is MY program and needs no one else's approval
I'm grateful that I only have to do this one day at a time
I'm grateful for the tools I have learned over the past year that allow me to cope with things much better than I could before
I'm grateful that I have someone to help me start the meetings I want to start in the real world, and for my counselor at my drs office who said she would try to find me some literature to get started with and also for her advice that I couldn't save anyone from themselves and for showing me what real recovery can be.

Today I intend to do my best not to contribute to the problem but to find a solution. I pray that God will give me the tools I need to reach someone else and help them
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:49 am

Hello all

Today I am grateful for my recovery and all of the blessings it has brought in my life.
^for my family, both my biological family and my recovery family here and in the real world
^for being able to feel feelings both good and bad again and deal with the bad ones without using
^for the lessons I learn everyday about how to cope with situations
^for all the tools in my recovery toolbox
^for people who are willing to support someone who has chosen a different path than them eventhough they don't agree with the path I've taken
^for my groups in the real world
^for my sponsor, the 12steps, my higher power who I call God
^for the fact that today all of my and my family's basic needs are met without having to wonder how we're going to pay this or that and there is usually a little left over
^for my babysitter and her family who were there for my youngest when I was in my active addiction and eventhough they didn't understand or agree with the choices I was making they never judged me or criticized me and now they are always the first ones to remember my sober anniversary and say they're proud of me. They've become a second family to me and my kids.
^for people who can frame their words in understanding, compassion and kindness for they are rare
^for a trusted person who has given me some other things to think about in regards to the groups I want to start
^for a/c and swimming pools to beat the heat

Intent: Try to find a way to communicate with the person who sidetracked the meeting last week how serious what he did was without coming across as judgemental and mean. Make sure my words address the solution and not add to the problem, and try to be more patient with my sponsor.

Much love my friends
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

Today I am grateful for my recovery
I am grateful that i have people who care about me
I am grateful that I am able to recognize that I am the cause of my own mistakes and no one else.
For this new day
For having enough food in my cabinets
For the roof over my head and an understanding landlord when I am behind in rent
for air conditioning
for living in a state that has a medical insurance program that is available to everyone regardless of their income

Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 18 Jul 2012, 7:04 pm

Today I am grateful for a vacation without dealing with addiction. (I just wrote to Monica about this, and I'm sure we ALL can relate)
No stressing about pills. Counting and re-counting. No worrying about running out, because I always ended up running out and being miserable by the end of the trip.

I am grateful to have this time with my kids. My daughter and I went for pedicures today and had a fun time. I have been at the gym every morning.
My husband and I went down to the pool by our selves this morning while the kids slept in.
It was nice to just hang out with him, alone and swim in the pool.

Life is good and I am grateful.

Join us for live chat every Tuesday night at 7:30pm EST !!!

NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider.
Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:47 am

Today I'm grateful that I woke up in recovery.
I'm grateful for my family
^my recovery family both here and in the real world
^for finding an organization that recognizes us sub patients as clean...Methadone Anonymous maybe they can help with getting the meetings I want to start up and running
^for the newcomer who shared at my meeting last night. He was just coming out of the same rehab I started over in 13 months ago. His story reminded me of where I came from and the really strange thing was he had the same in house counselor and that counselor had asked me to come there and speak while this person was there but I couldn't make it. Strange how God has a way of getting me to hear what I need to hear one way or another.
^grateful for the 12step call I took at 3am, think it may have made a difference
^grateful for the rain that has been falling for the last week, just wish thunderstorms didn't go along with it
^grateful for the strides my dad and I are making in our relationship
^grateful for the grace and mercy that have been shown to me over the years. Grace is getting things you don't deserve and mercy is not getting what you do deserve.
^grateful for tears, fears, and all the rest of the things I used to either not feel or numb them when I did
^grateful that I notice the weather now to complain about it
^grateful for the aches and pains that remind me I'm alive

Intent: To reach out to a newcomer in pain and try to lend my experience strength and hope. Try to make sure that I have something worth saying before I speak rather than just talking to hear my own voice.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:33 am

Good morning all
Today I am grateful for my recovery and all of the blessings it brings
^for my wonderful husband who is walking this road by my side
^for the fact that he and I both know that we can't sponsor each other or share certain parts of our journey for both of our sanity and the health of our marriage
^for the knowledge that the only person I'm responsible for in recovery is me
^for my children and the light that radiates from each one of them, wish I hadn't been blinded to it for so long
^for my recovery family
^for my higher power, whom I call God
^for my real world meetings and all of the people who accept and support me there, eventhough they may not agree with me
^for all of the people at my meeting who I disagree with, they always give food for thought
^for the group predator finally ceasing to try to 13th step every female that comes in, at least for yesterday anyway
^for my sponsor and sponsees
^for the jft reading today from NA, reminding me to take the first step everyday and admit that I am powerless over my addiction
^for the prayer an old timer taught me a long time ago in one of my half assed attempts at recovery that reminds me of my powerlessness every morning
^for progress not perfection

My intent: To reach out to the addict who is still suffering and to continue to work on putting the meetings I want to start for maintenance patients together...they're coming right along.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Fri 20 Jul 2012, 5:35 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
I missed yesterday and I didn't feel the same. I had got into the habit of getting on here and posting all that I am grateful for so when I missed one day I just didn't feel right.

Taking an inventory for all that I am grateful for has helped me see how lucky I am even when I don't see it that way until I think about it.
I am grateful for so many things in my life and I am so lucky to have what I have without a doubt.

Today when I woke up I felt so good. Yesterday was such a crazy day and today I am thankful for my peace and quiet.
I am grateful for my recovery, I don't have to take pills or anything else to help me face the day
I am grateful for my family that is here with me who supports me in everything that I do.

For knowing that I am here for a reason and that my life is not what it used to be

For all of you and a place I can go to when I need to talk to others who have "been there"

For the new day and the sunshine that makes me feel alive and gives me that natural energy

For my son and the forgiveness he has given me

Today I am taking a good look at myself and the way I respond to others. I am trying to respond with kindness and at the same time keep to my boundaries I have set in a way that doesn't hurt the other person.l

Back to top Go down
jkdims

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Fri 20 Jul 2012, 7:36 pm

I am grateful for this website and all the caring ppl on here who are/have gone thru the horrible of addiction, I am also thankful that I have been clean since apr 28th, 2011!! thats the longest period of sobriety since i was 12 or 13 yrs old, the 2nd longest was when i was pregnant with my now 7y/o son,,,, I am most grateful for him. I just got custody back of him this jan, after i took him to his father in sept 06 and told him i was 2 strung out to take care of him, so i needed him to step up and take care of Luke for a lil while... that turned into 3.5 yrs, and i realize now that I chose drugs over my family. his dad and i split up bc he wouldnt let me do drugs,, then, i left my baby with him,,, I believe everuthing happens for a reason, and god has a great plan 4 my life, and im just now starting to figure things out that most ppl have known forever! i am grateful that I have the couple great friends(who i met all at my sub drs office!) and my cousinm shes really the only family i have left here.. my twin brother and dad and his side of family all live in north and south carolinas..i live in mississippi,... im grateful that god has chosen to save me once again, giving me another chance to b the woman he created me to be!! It really helped me to feel better and realize what i do havel instead of always focusing on what i dont have, or what/who ive lost... thanks 4 giving me this to ponder!!!!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:24 pm

Jkdims,

I wanted to say congrats on getting your son back !!!!!!
That's wonderful news !

You are on your way to being the best Mom for him.

God Bless you and your little boy !

Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sat 21 Jul 2012, 10:29 am

Morning All
Today I'm grateful for my recovery and for all of the support I've found here and in the real world.
^that I know that just for today I can choose not to use and by God's grace I have been relieved of my obsession with using
^my wonderful children and the fact that they were young during my worst times
^my dad for picking up my slack
^my sponsor, sponsees, and my higher power who I call God
^my program and the knowledge that it is my program and no one else has to approve
^for knowing that the only thing I have control over is me and how I react to things
^for realizing that my attitude greatly affects how I view events in my life
^for all of the wonderful ladies on this site who are so willing to help someone they don't know
^for my home, food, realitively good health, bills paid
Life is good and I love living today

Today I intend to chill with my husband and kids. My little girl learned to ride her bike without training wheels yesterday and I'm grateful I didn't have to get high to help her.

Much love. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sat 21 Jul 2012, 5:01 pm

Oh Monica how our little ones grow up so fast don't they. Today riding a bike, tomorrow graduation from high school.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine that greeted me when I woke up this morning.
I am forever grateful for my family members who understand my decisions of the past and realize I did what I had to do to make sure they were okay.

I am grateful for all of our new members and old alike
I am grateful for my sons friends who call me mom and know they can come to me anytime
I have so many things to be grateful for and sometimes I don't know where to start. I see so many people who have lost so much and I am grateful that I have survived this horrible addiction.

jkdims,
I am glad to see your posting and I know what it is like to have someone take care of your children for you until you can take care of them again. It is a hard decision to make but you make it because you know it is what needs to be done.
I had to make the same decision years ago and now I have a relationship with some of my children. They all know of my addiction, I have been honest with them. They are all adults now.
One still struggles with the past and is using herself. I don't know what our future is to be as she is still very angry with me to this day. I hope that one day we can mend our relationship and I pray everyday that we do.

Today I am going to work on not letting things that are said to me out of anger get to me. It is hard and it hurts. I pray that I can find the words to help heal the heart that I once broke and that we can move on

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:02 am

Today is a beautiful day, lots of birds at the feeders and it is our family day.
I am grateful to have my family with me and that we are all safe away from harm.

I am grateful for my friends in recovery,
The beginning of a new day,
The fun and laughter of yesterday,
My quiet mornings,
I am grateful for the love that is given to me and that I have learned to love in return
The existence of this forum and the people that I have met since it was formed

Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:29 am

I am grateful for getting my family home safely from the wonderful vacation we had

I am grateful we got to visit with my Mother-in-Law and that she got to see her two grandchildren. I HAVE to remember to send more recent pictures of them to her !!!

I am grateful for another day clean

I am grateful for all my online friends here. I will be forever grateful for you all !!!

Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:37 am

Morning all:
I'm grateful today for my recovery
^grateful for my family
^for my recovery family here and in the real world
^for my program and the difference it has made in my life
^for relationships built on mutual respect and trust instead of mutual benefit
^for relief from the obsessions of my active addiction
^for love in all of its forms
^for the opportunity to help with bible school with my children
^for my home, bills paid, all my needs are met both physically and emotionally, and there is even a little left for extras like my four wheeler

Today I intend to play with my children and enjoy a relaxing day with them and my husband. I will try to limit my interaction with negative people and when I must deal with them I will try to be positive

Much love to you all
Monica
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

Good afternoon all
Today I'm grateful for my recovery and realizing how far I've come on this journey
^grateful for my family, both biological and recovery
^grateful for the people on this site and the opportunity to share my experiences with all of you and to learn from your experiences as well
^grateful for my program and the 12 steps. Working them is giving me a greater understanding of myself, my disease, and living without drugs in my life.
^for my sponsor
^for my husband and his recovery journey
^for all of those who walked this road before me and are willing to share their esh with me.

Today my intent is to enjoy life. Helping out with bible school for my kids is definitely a new experience for me and I'm grateful I've made enough progress in my recovery to be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:42 pm

Hello all. I'm grateful today for my recovery and all of the wonderful things that have been made available to me b/c of it.
^for the opportunity to reach out to a newcomer at another site and tell them they can make it. As usual, so much of her story reminded me of mine, showing me that once again I'm not unique, just another addict struggling to find a better way of living
^for the opportunity to educate people about suboxone and what it does, or has done for me, and what it won't do, or hasn't done for me
^for the wonderful people here who support without judgement
^for my children and the new experiences we have together everyday
^for my recovery program and my recovery family
^my sponsor, my hp, and the steps
^love in all of it's forms
^people who can keep an open mind
^the people who told me a little over a year ago that I could find a better way of living, and have supported me in finding my way

Today I intend to enjoy my life and keep an attitude of gratitude. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

Today was a beautiful day. After the rain last night the sun came out and it felt like a new Spring instead of the hot summer we have been having.

I am grateful for my counselor and the knowledge that he passes along, he never gets tired of my questions and I appreciate that so much
I had a great day today, I am happy with life and my family
I feel very blessed to be where I am today
I am grateful for all of you, I never would have thought years ago that I would be here talking to people who have walked in my shoes and that we are able to experience the joys of life together

All of you are in my prayers

Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 25 Jul 2012, 4:51 pm

Hello all of my recovering friends.
Today I am grateful for my recovery and the life I am finding again day by day
^for the opportunity to hear others recovery experiences
^for friends that I have gained far and wide through my recovery
^for my children and all of the new experiences we are sharing
^for the hope that all of these experiences aren't too little tool late to make a difference to my oldest, lots of me in him
^for love in all of its forms
^for my sponsor
^for my program and the steps
^for people in my life who will call me on my bull, without regard to whether I will be angry or hurt, the truth sometimes hurts but is always necessary
^for realizing that I was kinda wallowing in self pitty, b/c of my program I was able to end that
^for all of my needs being met, financially, emotionally, and spiritually
^for my hp, and the prayers of recovering addicts around the world
^that I am still teachable, and that just enough of my close-minded stubborn self obsession was beaten out of me when I found recovery this time for me to stick it out and give it a chance
^little miracles that happen everyday

Today I intend to try to chill out and enjoy the day. Little stressed out so we will see.
Much love to you my friends. You are all in my thoughts and prayers

Monica

Last edited by MonicaS on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 25 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

I am getting ready to head over to the library, I love going there. It gets me out of the house and I love to read.
I am grateful for my recovery and being able to enjoy the simple things again.
I am forever grateful for the people who never gave up on me
The beautiful sunshine and long summer days
Having a provider who understands me and knows that treatment is individual that we cannot all be lumped into one type of treatment
All of you here on this forum. Each and every one of you has a special place in my heart. I value the friends that I have made here more than I could ever say

Today I am enjoying just being me not having to put on airs or compromise my beliefs

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   

Back to top Go down

What are you grateful for?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next