Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What are you grateful for?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 25 Jul 2012, 5:54 pm

I am grateful for having a job and that I'm very busy every day.
I am grateful when I come home, I have air conditioners to keep my family cool.

I am grateful for the Doctor I will see tomorrow for my annual pap exam (yuk, I know
but we have to have a pap to monitor our cells !)

I am grateful that my son cleans his room without me having to tell him (But then I find out he wants his friend to sleep over, that little sneak !)

I am SO grateful for my forum friends. We are an awesome bunch of people that I care for.

I am grateful to be in recovery. Every new day this year had been another first. A first day that I've been clean, today is the first July 25th that I've been clean in 10 years, tomorrow is the first July 26th that I've been clean..... and on and on and on.

Join us for live chat every Tuesday night at 7:30pm EST !!!

NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider.
Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Fri 27 Jul 2012, 4:57 pm

Sorry I hadn't posted my gratitude list in a couple of days, just been very busy and I'm grateful for that.
I'm grateful for my recovery and the blessings it brings me everyday
^for small miracles
^for the progress I'm making with starting the MARA group that will welcome people who are in recovery regardless of which road they've taken
^for my family both biological and recovery
^for love in all it's forms
^for the ability to forgive and let go
^for my progam, as none of the other things I've listed would be possible without it
^for my hp, who gives me exactly what I need when I need it, even if it's not on my time schedule
^for the 12 steps of NA that have lead me to the spiritual part of my recovery, and that I have adapted to MARA meetings
^for those who came before me in this struggle and have shown me a new way to live
^for people who can disagree without being disagreeable
^for the wonderful chat we had last night, that I feel brings us closer not just as recovering addicts but as people. I learn so much from and about each of you wonderful ladies every time we meet. Maybe one day we can meet in person.

My intent is to go to the last day of my children's Bible school and enjoy celebrating their accomplishment. I pray for tolerance as I've had an issue with this pastor and for the chance to educate him that addiction is a disease not an issue of immorality
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sat 28 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

Good morning all. I find that posting this list helps me get in a better mood. I really hope it works today b/c my husband is getting under my skin. I'm not sure what is up with him, but it seems that nothing satisfies him. I'm grateful that I know I can't control him, only how I respond to him.
I'm grateful for my recovery and the serenity it provides me even when things get on my nerves
^for my family, especially my children they help me in ways I can't even explain
^for being able to come here and think about gratitude even when I don't think that I have much to be grateful for, making a list reminds me
^for Vacation Bible School, it ended last night, and I worked out my issue with the pastor
^for my program, it has taught me to back up and think b4 i act and speak
^for my hp, God's guidance is so important to me today
^for the little one standing beside me wanting me to hurry, from his impatience I learn patience
^for some old timers @ in the rooms who have been willing to share their esh with me rather than judgement
^for all of the wonderful ladies with. You all allow me to discuss so much more than just recovery and I really feel a friendship with each of you despite the fact we've never met in the real world
^for the 12 steps of NA that not only guide my recovery from addiction, but help me to deal with problems in my life that are outside of my addiction. What they say in 12 steps groups is true, you can apply the steps to almost anything.
^for the literature I just received from a man in northern Virginia who had started MARA meetings there, he has since moved on b/c it didn't catch on there, but the stuff he provided me with will be useful. I think he was just ahead of his time
^for all of those who came before me in this journey.
^for love in all it's forms
^for the serenity prayer

Intent: Today I intend to try to think before I speak or act. My husband is giving me a lot of crap about certain things with our kids. I know he believes whole heartedly that his i right and he does have some good points. I pray to keep my words calm, patient, and kind as we work throught this, and to remember the love we have for each other and our children.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sat 28 Jul 2012, 6:40 pm

I must add one item to my gratitude list
I was over on another site and saw a young lady who was really in trouble. Fortunately she pmd me and while I only intended to be on for a few minutes, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to speak with her for 3 hours while she waited for her sponsor to pm her. She has problems with cutting and addiction and had cut herself last night and was wanting too again. She shared so much with me about what was going on, but the one thing that bothered me is that her sponsor had told her she was disappointed in her for cutting. I never tell a sponsee I'm disappointed when they relapse. I tell them I'm proud of them for telling on their disease and we need to get to work on what caused them to use. I'm grateful that this happened at a time when I had 3 hours to spend chatting with someone. I'm also grateful that I was able to share with her that she had the right to tell her sponsor that her feelings were hurt by the sponsor's disappointment. I'm grateful that I got to share a lot of good recovery with her. I'm grateful that I had good things to share. Most of all I'm grateful that for that 3 hours I felt no disappointment in this young lady, only pride for her willingness to reach out and in her honesty in confronting her disease.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:13 pm

Today I am grateful for my recovery and its many blessings.
^that I can still feel gratitude even though my husband is being a real ass and putting me through the ringer over a set of keys
^for my wonderful children
^for my hp, my program, sponsor and sponsees
^for this forum as I know that I can find support here
^for the beautiful weather

Intent: To try to keep my temper in check so that I don't make the current situation with my husband worse. I can't stand the fact that he does things to hurt me and my kids are collateral damage to him. He doesn't care that he's hurting them. I have to find an answer to this so pray for me please. I don't want to end my marriage, but the truth is that I think it's already over. I think he may have relapsed again and I can't go through that and even if he hasn't I can't continue to put my kids in this situation. I love my husband with everything in me, but I love my kids and myself more. I don't deserve to be with someone who does things for pure spite without considering the repercussions of his actions, I deserve to be loved the way I love and someone who will consider my feelings and my kids feeling before they act. Sorry to put all of this on our gratitude list, but I needed to get it off of my chest, and I can't get thru to my sponsor, so this forum is my only outlet. I'm grateful that today I know my triggers and I know not to hold my feelings in and allow my resentment and anger to build.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 29 Jul 2012, 3:06 pm

I am grateful for being able to do things with my family without having to worry about my DOC first.
I can remember a time where I need to pop a few pills just to go out to dinner with my family.

NOW, we went to dinner and a movie and got home pretty late, and I had the best time.
Its those little things that I cherish so much now !!

I'm grateful for breaking my silence with two of my sisters and rebuilding the relationship
we once had. Now we are in contact almost every day and it truly makes me happy.

And last but not least, I am truly grateful for this forum and the friends I am making. Without you all, I would feel alone and now, I know I am far from being alone.

Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:00 am

Sorry I haven't posted gratitude this week
Today I am grateful for my recovery and for the friends I'm making far and wide
^for my wonderful hubby and children, and for hubby and I working out the issue we were havin...he hadn't relapsed yay
^for all of the blessings my recovery makes possible
^for everything that my hp has given me and for having a relationship with hp
^for my program
^for my sponsor
^for love in all of its forms
^for progress not perfection
^for people who can disagree without being disagreeable
My intent for today is to try with everything I have not to justify attacks on my recovery by NA purists by responding. You can't teach these old dogs any new tricks.

Much love my friends,
Monica
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:28 pm

Today I am grateful for my recovery and all of the gifts it brings.
^for my children who make it worth the struggle
^for my husband who suffers through my doubts and struggles with me
^for the progress I'm making on getting real world groups started that tolerate all recovery options....August 6 is almost here
^for the support I've found both here and in the real world, that has given me the courage to speak in spite of judgemental assholes
^for love in all of it's forms
^for my hp
^for my program
^for 12 simple steps that have brought me here
^for people who force me to really think about my position instead of allowing me to just disagree for the sake of disagreeing, and who extend me the same courtesy
^for joy
^for my emotions
^for being able to feel and not hide or use

Intent: My gratitude shows when I reach out to someone who is struggling. My intent today is to do my best to tolerate foolish judgements so that I can further my recovery and my understanding of why it is that people are so intolerant of things that don't work for them. I intend to do my inventory, work my program, and leave others the freedom to do the same without judgement. And I have to buckle down and get the last of the literature I'm creating finished. Procrastination is one of my character flaws.

Much love to you my friends. You are all a blessing in my life.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:26 am

As promised I wanted to bring this thread back to life for those members that want
to count their blessing each and every day !

So here we go.

Today I am grateful for being addiction free
Today I am grateful for my family who stood by me through my recovery.
Today I am grateful for things at work are going alot better.

Today I am grateful for my online recovery family ! We are getting to know each other
and are here for each other. We GET each other like no one else does !

God bless each of you

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:12 pm

Found it!
I am grateful that I got myself help and I am sober and have been n suboxone for 4 months and 1 week.
I am grateful for my health.
I am grateful for my son.
I am also grateful for my supportive fiancee and his family who have helped me in my recovery every step of the way!

And I am also very grateful for THIS forum!
And I am grateful for the help and support that everyone on this forum has given me!
Thanks Blue for telling me about this!

Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 09 Dec 2012, 7:07 pm

Today I am grateful for my wonderful husband (who just made a huge mess in the kitchen) LOL

I am grateful for the roof over my head
I am grateful for the feeling of love
I am grateful for being loved
I am grateful for my awesome son & stepsons
I am grateful for my loyal friends
I am grateful for my new friends on this site
I am grateful to still have my business during these hard economical times
I am grateful for the opportunity to give
I am grateful to be free from addiction

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 09 Dec 2012, 7:13 pm

I am SO proud of Jasmine and Rae !!
I am SO proud I get to be involved in both of your recoveries !

You both inspire me each day and I thank you !

Can't wait to talk with you both LIVE in chat !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:53 pm

Thanks Blue! And thank you too Rae for sharing as well!
I can't wait for chat either!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:12 pm

Today I am grateful for my health.
Thankful for my fiancee.
Thankful for my son.
Thankful for my supportive family.
Thankful for my recovery.
Thankful for finding suboxone.
Thankful for finding the tools to fix my problems.
Thankful for this forum.
Thankful for everyone on this forum who have helped me.
Thankful for Rae showing me the law off attraction. (Thanks Rae)

I am also thankful you gave me the chance to share this.
Thanks Blue and Dee.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Tue 11 Dec 2012, 7:01 pm

Today I am grateful to be starting chat again. I hope to help those that need it and support those that need it.

Today I am grateful I am able to send my daughter on a 3-day class trip. She's so excited to
go. I am grateful I was NOT addicted to pills while shopping and packing and helping my daughter get ready. I was there for her 100% of the time like a mother should be.
She will always remember this trip and I hope remember how much I helped her before she left. We had a whole checklist of items to get. If I was addicted during this, it would have been HELL !!!

Thank you Lord, for giving me the opportunity to be in this type of recovery !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 12 Dec 2012, 7:30 pm

Today I am grateful for chat last night and for many more chats to come!

I am Grateful for my recovery.
I am grateful for patience with people who frustrate me at home.
I am grateful for the strength to stay away from people still trying to sell me my DOC.
I am grateful for the forum.
I am grateful for everybody in this forum who have helped me. Blue, Rae and Dee.
I am grateful that I have met you guys!

Thanks for being here for me Ladies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Fri 14 Dec 2012, 1:41 pm

Today I am grateful for my recovery.
I am grateful for my son.
I am grateful for my new car.
I am grateful for my home.
I am grateful for my fiancée and his family. (the only family I have)
I am grateful for this forum and EVERYBODY on it who has helped me with support, advice and kind words!
I am grateful for Blue being in chat last night, I really needed somebody to talk to.

And on a funny note since I have gotten no sleep for the past two days I am grateful for Coffee! LOL.

Have a nice day all of you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sat 15 Dec 2012, 1:13 pm

I am grateful for my son!
I am grateful for his health and mine.
I am grateful for Blue and Dee and Rae and anyone on this forum who has helped me!
I am grateful for my family.
I am grateful for my fiancee.
I am grateful for my new car.
I am grateful for my new home.
I am grateful that my dad has agreed to get into a treatment center! that is a big step for him.
I am grateful for this forum!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sat 15 Dec 2012, 2:24 pm

Wow Jasmine, I'm so happy to hear your dad agreed to get into treatment !
You did that!!! You inspired him to get better !! I pray he does as well as you are.

I am grateful my daughter came home safely
I am grateful for my sister, she stood by me during all my crap !
I am grateful for my close personal friend who is my heart
I am grateful for my recovery each new day I am living without addiction

I am very grateful for Dee and Jasmine and Rae my tight group of ladies who are
strong and inspiring.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 16 Dec 2012, 3:02 pm

Thanks Blue! I did push him into getting help!

Today I am grateful my dad STARTED treatment today!
I am grateful that I helped him get into it, that I am the one who inspired him.
I am grateful for my son and fiancé's health.
I am grateful for the support from my fiancé and his family.
I am grateful for the help, support and strength I get from this forum!
I am grateful for Ellen, Rae and Dee on this forum and everything they have done for me. Smile
I am grateful for my recovery.
And I am grateful I have the strength to overcome obstacles and move forward each and every day.

Thanks Ladies! XOXOXO.
Have a nice day chickies!
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 16 Dec 2012, 3:20 pm

I have so much to be grateful for and every day it brings me more.
I have a roof over my head, food to eat and heat to warm the house.
Support from close friends, my counselor and provider who have taught me that I am worth saving.
I am grateful for my dear friend Deborah for all of her kindness and wisdom when we started this forum and the legacy she left behind. She is always in my thoughts and I miss her.
Ellen, I am grateful for you that you stepped up to moderate this forum and help those who need it most
I am grateful to the members who continue to post and share their stories so that someone else will realize they are not alone and there are people who have been through what they are going through right now.

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Sun 16 Dec 2012, 4:58 pm

Today I am grateful for my children. They are healthy and happy.
Today I am grateful for my provider. He really does care about me and my welfare.
Today I am grateful for my home, I can decorate for Christmas.
This Christmas is my first Christmas addiction free and I can't wait.

I am forever grateful for my forum support. You ladies are here for me when I need
and I can never thank you enough.

Hope your all well today - Stay strong, keep inspiring others.

Just want to add, I offer my deepest condolences to the families that lost loved ones in
that horrific tragedy in Connecticut.
20 innocent children. Babies. Lost.
Rest In Peace Angels of God, Rest In Peace little Angels.

Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Mon 17 Dec 2012, 9:52 am

Good Morning, Today I am:

Grateful to not have to physically go to my store!
Grateful I was able to make time to clean 3 rooms in my house! YAY!
Grateful for my favorite employee coming home from college to work for me Smile
Grateful for my loving and caring son
Grateful for my in-laws deciding not to visit last weekend! hehehe
Grateful for fitting into my cocktail dress I've had since I was 22
Grateful for spending time with my son making christmas presents last night. So much fun
Grateful for smiles and laughter
Grateful to be able to FEEL (good or bad)
Grateful for my new cyber friends
Grateful for CHAT (thanks Blue, Nannamom & Jaz)
Grateful that my husband and I seem to be reconnecting in bed---A little TMI for ya Laughing
Grateful to still be silly (remember I was afraid I'd lose my sense of humor)
Grateful for the wonderful advice I recieved during last weeks chat. I got my energy back!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I HOPE EVERYONE FEELS THE WAY I DO TODAY BECAUSE I FEEL GREAT! I FEEL HAPPY, LOVED, GRATEFUL, & INSPIRED. THANKS AGAIN TO MY NEW FRIENDS BLUE, JAZ & NANNAMOM!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

Good mor ing!
Thanks Rae glad I could be a part of your happiness!
And yes I do feel the same!
Today I am grateful for my son, who is healthy and happy.
I am grateful my son was a good boy at the doctors today! lol.
I am grateful for my loving fiancé and his family who have helped me so much in my recovery. With their support love strength and kind words.
I am grateful for this forum. Ellen, Dee and Rae. For being here for me when I needed you guys the most. Whether it was for advice, support, comfort or words of wisdom you all were here and I thank you. From the bottom of my heart. <3
I am grateful for my recovery.
I am grateful that in 10 days I will be at my five month mark! It's the longest I've been sober since I was 14-15 years old! Smile
I am grateful for my health and the health of my son, my fiancé, and my family.
I am grateful for the health of you all too! If you weren't healthy you wouldn't be here helping people! You really are doing an amazing thing.
I am grateful for my home. And that it is almost ready to now into.
I am grateful for the heat in my home and the water in my pipes and the food in my cupboards and fridge!
I am grateful to have a car that gets me where I red to go.
I am grateful for my therapist Debbie who is helping me learn the tools to stay sober and really did change my life and touched my soul. Just like you ladies did!!!
I am grateful for my father starting his recovery and that I can slowly let him back into mine and my sons life.
I am grateful for chat last Tuesday as the pointers Dee gave me about taking my suboxone it really helped!
I am grateful for chat on Thursday that I had with Ellen (Blue) we had a really nice talk and I'm happy that I got to know how a bit more well.
I am grateful for life itself. Smile
Have a nice day all of you Ladies!
XOXOXOXO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   Wed 19 Dec 2012, 8:31 pm

Today I am grateful for my recovery!
I am grateful for my son!
I am grateful for my loving fiancé who is always here for me! He hastened so hard to help me with my depression. He might not have much advice to give, he has no experience with this, but he sure does try! He reminds me I the positive things in my life and it helps!
I am grateful for you ladies on the forum! Blue, Dee and Rae! When I was really down in the dumps you all have me great advice! And I really appreciate it!
I am grateful for the roof over my head and the food in my tummy!
I am grateful for my life itself!
I am grateful for my family!
I am grateful for my health! And the health of my son, fiancé and family. And the health if you all too! Hope you all are doing well!
I am grateful that I have the chance to start over and make the right choices this time.

Again I am grateful for this forum and you ladies on it.
And I am grateful that you guys were here for me when I was feeling so down this past week!

XOXOXOXO-Jasmine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you grateful for?   

Back to top Go down

What are you grateful for?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next