Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Swelling in legs and feet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Swelling in legs and feet   Fri 17 May 2013, 6:48 am

Hey gals and guys, a question to the ones who are still on Suboxone right now. Does anyone have a problem with excessive swelling? My BP is staying normal, mine actually is low but that is normal for me. I notice that now after being on the medicine especially here over the past couple of months, I am getting what I like to call tree trunk syndrome. My legs are swelling and look like tree trunks. My feet are swelling too, not sure if this could be the medicine causing it or something else. I just seen somewhere and I cant recall where, but some have had some swelling in their lower extremities. Its not so bad that I cant walk but when I had Subutex, I didnt have this problem. I only had it for a month there, but there was no swelling and now in the past few months where I have been back on the Suboxone since November of last year I have been having this but honestly thought it was just my weight.
I am about 5'8 and I weigh about 240 or 250. I flucuate because of those monthly times, and I swell extra when I go through that as well. Its not real bothersome but I do worry about the swelling some, not real sure if this is a good thing. Ive always heard that swelling in feet and legs wasnt real good. I guess I could try to get on a diuretic if Doc will write me something. I cant afford two doctor visits right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Swelling in legs and feet   Fri 17 May 2013, 6:08 pm

Hello there,

I have notice my ankles at times appear swollen, but I always thought my socks were too tight !!!
Maybe that's not the case.
I'm going to keep an eye on it and see.
My hands though don't appear to have any swelling that I can tell.

keep us us posted !!

Blue

Join us for live chat every Tuesday night at 7:30pm EST !!!

NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider.
Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Swelling in legs and feet   Fri 17 May 2013, 9:58 pm

Oh I will, my hands don't seem to have a problem with swelling just my feet and legs. WHen I say legs, I mean below the knee. I have socks on but just because I feel naked without socks. I wish that I was kidding, but I absolutely hate to run around without them on. My feet stay cold even on the hottest of days. I have good circulation, but its just something that developed after I had my first child. My first pregnancy did a number on my system, from swelling so bad that I couldn't wear anything but house slippers everywhere that I went including Walmart. My back and I was wanting to ask someone other than people around me about this.
I have had back trouble for a while, if I stand longer than say 10 minutes it goes to throbbing. I will punish myself for the sake of rolling my hair but its just because I am bat crap crazy about my hair. Now, most people would just say that and when I say most people I mean the ones who know me around here like my mother and such....Most people would say that its just a way of getting pain meds but even now when I have no want or desire for pain medication, it still bothers me to the point of not being able to do much standing. My husband thinks that I might have a bulged disc, I myself not sure. It doesn't feel like anything is messed up back there to the touch. I also have had a lot of problems with my back going out. Since me and my husband have been together, it has went out a total of five times. The last three were close together, now it hasn't went out in a year or so. I thought that maybe it was my weight, but even when I was skinnier I had problems. I just wonder what it might be, if its just in my head or if there is a serious problem?
The Suboxone doesn't seem to touch my back pain with a ten foot pole. Then again, it might be helping and I just don't realize it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swelling in legs and feet   

Back to top Go down

Swelling in legs and feet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1