Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

where to go from here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ircavnar666

Female
Number of posts : 22
Humor : with the help of my family and friends i know i can do this.
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: where to go from here?   Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:35 pm

hello everyone. my name is Randi im 23 and ive been on suboxone for almost 14 months. i started taking pills when i was 13. whether it was norcos somas or even methadone some times i took it.i did that on and off until i had my kids then i stopped or tried to. i got really bad 2 yrs ago after my son was born. i have horrible mouth problems and it was unbearable. sometimes i took 10 norcos a day just to get out of bed. i hated myself and i felt my family slipping away. thank goodness for suboxone. i started taking 1 strip or 8mg a day. only 2 times did i have to take 2 strips. now im down to 1/2 a strip or 4 mg a day. now im finally getting to the point i promise. ive been on this amount for about 3 months now or close to it. during this time ive been in more pain than usual. not from withdrawal but just aches and pains ive always had. im gettig used to it but it seems some things are getting worse. the point is im afraid when i eventually stop taking the suboxone ill be in so much pain again ill go back to the pills and ruin everything. ive had no problem tapering before it felt great. but now im getting scared. i havent talked to anybody about this and i should. i was just wondering if anybody had any feedback or advice. i really love the people here and i need to stop by more often. thanks for the time.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: where to go from here?   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

Good morning Randi, it is always good to hear from you. I think the questions that you have just asked is one that many of us with chronic pain have asked. Where to go from here. What do we do once we have our addiction under management and no longer have the need for Suboxone, how do we handle the pain?

In some cases a few have chosen to stay on a very small dose of Buprenorphine as in with the Bu Trans patches. A small amount of buprenorphine delivered over the course of a week. Each patch is contains enough medication so that it is changed once a week.

For those who want to go another route there are many other medications out there that contain no opiates whats so ever. Anti-inflammatories, injections exercise and physical therapy. And some people chose to go back to opiates under strong monitoring given only a few a day as to not get back into the repeated process of abusing medications.
It is a hard situation and a great question. I am glad you have asked.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who have had the same thoughts. What do you plan to do?
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
ircavnar666

Female
Number of posts : 22
Humor : with the help of my family and friends i know i can do this.
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: where to go from here?   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:14 pm

thanks nannamom. i never thought of staying on medication long term was really an option for addicts. like opiates i would be terrified of getting hooked again. i guess right now its a mental thing with me. i know i dont have a high pain tolerance and honestly right now at 1/2 a strip a day im great. ive been tapering 1/4 of a strip at a time every 3 to 4 months. i feel like i could stay here for a while. but i dont want to have to keep taking it forever. its expensive and luckily my mom helps me with it. shes also a recovering addict and her treatment is methadone. when my husband learned i could be on it for 2 yrs he freaked out. he wants me to hurry up and stop asap.i feel like i need to stay where i am for now. theres also been alot going on here lately. were now moving and its really stressful. i really dislike moving with a passion. thanks again.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: where to go from here?   Fri 07 Jun 2013, 5:55 pm

your welcome. Ah the moving. We are also getting ready to move at some point soon. Our lease is up on the 1st of September so it is time unless we are to get roped into another year and I don't want to see that happening. Moving is so expensive though and everywhere I have looked landlords want first, last and a security up front. In most cases that would amount to 2,000 who has lying around?

Just remember that you are never alone. We are here for you and we won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: where to go from here?   Sat 08 Jun 2013, 6:19 am

Hi Randi,

It's so good to hear from you !
I think the idea's that Dee gave you are all good options. Do you exercise ? I do, and it's a very good way to strengthen your body, your back and it really does help ease the pain in our bodies.

I totally get what your going through.
I also am faced with coming off the medication or switching Dr's and starting with someone new. My Dr announced to me that he's closing his practice June 2014.
I have a husband like you though, and he wants me off yesterday.
He feels this is a crutch. And while I believe, if you have something that keeps you out of active addiction and helps with your pain, well, that's a win win situation.

I am also on 4mg and have been on it, 16 months.

I understand how your feeling right now.

It's so good to hear from you !
Stay in touch !

Peace & Love
Blue

Join us for live chat every Tuesday night at 7:30pm EST !!!

NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider.
Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where to go from here?   

Back to top Go down

where to go from here?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Suboxone-
Jump to: