Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

need assistance

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:35 am

no side effect of suboxone that I know of but sure fire withdrawal. When you take your suboxone, how much at a time do you take?

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
ldiaz20

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2014-03-10

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:44 am

I take an 8mg at 5am first because im already bouncing off the wall I wait about an hour and take another 8mg and I fight through the sweats and anxiety for a couple hours then at noon I take another 4mg to cope with my day. But I still feel withdrawal even after that but I can manage I dont wanna over medicate so the past 5 days ive been doing between 4to 5 bags of heroin just so I can get through the night and I still wake up soaked in sweat. The reason I started the heroin was because when on dy 1 I went into PWs the doctor told me the only thing that could help me was heroin. I havent done any heroin before that day in about a year. Im a big guy not tall 5'11" but im big 277lbs mostly muscle could this be a factor.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:51 am

Since this is friday and you have already dosed take today to get yourself ready for the weekend. Go out and get yourself some things to keep yourself hydrated, pick up some soups that you can eat. And foods that you know are quick but good for you.
Lots of hot baths and showers will help as well. I remember one time staying in the tub or shower most of the day because that is where I felt the most comfortable.
When you do take your suboxone try not to take a whole 8mg at one time. I am guessing that you have the strips? They can be cut down if need be. That way when you dose you can do it a little at a time.
With this medication.... Less is more. It really is. It is the one medication that I know of where you can take less of it and get more out of it.

Back to top Go down
ldiaz20

Male

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:14 pm

Thanks for all the tips and I have heard also less is more but what I dont get is then why would the Docs up the mg dose thats what makes me not trust doctors they can save but they also can misdiagnose . Feel me? Anyway Dee I will try your method come morning and I will definitely try and make it today without any dope even though I know everytime I do it im flushing my money down the crapper. Thanks again just writing has been a big help also.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:32 pm

No problem and you know I am not trying to be harsh. I just want this to work for you. You deserve a chance. Everyone does.
Some doctors only go through the minimum training that is required to prescribe Suboxone.
The provider that I have, I am lucky to have. She is one that really cares about her patients. Takes time with them and tries to learn everything she can about this damn drug.
Some doctors believe everything they are told by the pharmacuticle reps that come into the office pushing their wares and in reality what do they know? Only what their company tells them.
If you need to talk over the weekend, I will be here. We will all be here, anytime.

Back to top Go down
ldiaz20

Male

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:46 pm

Thanks so much I will definitely post again. Its sad that instead of caring theyre just chasing a payoff. Not just this company either cause methadone clinic is worst I couldnt even drop my dose since I always came out positive when they tested . Now im giving it almost 100% not quite but close. Ill cross that bridge I pray. Tak t you all soon. Have a beautiful sober weekend.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Sat 15 Mar 2014, 11:20 am

Idiaz,
How is your morning so far? I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are feeling and how the rest of your day went yesterday.
Remember, showers, baths, soups, teas, and lots of exercise. Or try the exercise to keep yourself busy.

Back to top Go down
ldiaz20

Male

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Sat 15 Mar 2014, 11:41 am

I really am doing better this morning I woke up at 5 and dosed 4mg first and I felt good till about 30 min ago so I just took another 4mg to see if that will give ne tge same effects. Thanks for the dosing advice I know that Doctors think they know best but I find that if I take chances with someone that has actually been through it because medicating is sort of trial and error. I just hope that 4mg more wasnt too much I just wasnt sure if I recut the 4mg if I would've gotten any medicine off it so im trying slowly. I actually have energy now to move at least still not 100% but damn close. Thanks again enjoy your weekend.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Sat 15 Mar 2014, 12:09 pm

Yes! Slow as you go. Glad to hear something good starting to happen with you. Stay busy.
See how you are after that last 4 mg. If you feel it was too much, when you get up tomorrow start low 2 or 4 mg then once you need your next dose, try 2 mg and see how that takes you.
Don't look ahead to how much you might need the rest of the day. Stay in the moment. If you feel the need or want to use, please think of something to keep yourself busy. 5 minutes of busy can make a huge difference. I remember the days of heroin sneaking into my mind so I know how that stuff works. It doesn't like letting go as you know.
Again, it is good to hear something good.
Have a good day, I'll be here off and on if you need anything today

Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Sat 15 Mar 2014, 1:18 pm

Hello Idiaz20,

I'm so glad to read that your doing better today.
Dee had some great tips and really know alot, so your in good hands.

You were so right when you said it's better to get advice from people that have been through
what your going through. I think this is even more true with Suboxone.
I know Dee mentioned that doctors aren't trained the way they should be when it comes to prescribing this medication. The patient's (us) end up knowing alot more about this treatment then most doctors.
That's why it's so important to have others to talk to you.

We are here for you, we want to see you succeed and ultimately feel good !

Stay strong, you can do this !

Blue

Join us for live chat every Tuesday night at 7:30pm EST !!!

NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider.
Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:19 am

Idiaz,
How are things going for you this morning? Better I am hoping. I know you had a rough week last week and I am hoping you will check in today and let us know something.
Dee

Back to top Go down
ldiaz20

Male

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Tue 18 Mar 2014, 6:44 pm

I know im not suppose to take online advice over my Doctor but the less is more approach did wonders for me. Friday I didnt do too good so Saturday mornimg I dosed 4mg and did alrite but took another 4mg and immediately went into mild withdrawals. So on Sunday I took only 2mg and I felt wonderful,so good in fact that I didnt even have to redose. Monday and today was exactly the same I did go see the Doctor and they still reccommended that I stay on a 24mg regimen but at this point I found my MD to be wrong and my online support right. So again just to say I know online advice might not be from a certified Doctor but I would rather try online help from someone that has gone through what I went through then a Doctor that only is required to take a class and give medication only how he is programmed. Thanks again Life is getting better.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Tue 18 Mar 2014, 6:59 pm

Idiaz20,

I am SO SO happy to read that your doing well. That really is great news.
Good for you !! You can finally start healing !

In my personal opinion, I think 24 mg is way to much for anyone to be on.

I started out taking 16mg, and looking back, even that was to much.

I now currently take 4mg and I'm doing well with that.
Continue to stay strong, your doing this !!!

Join us for live chat every Tuesday night at 7:30pm EST !!!

NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider.
Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   Wed 19 Mar 2014, 1:08 pm

Idiaz,
You just made my day. I am so very happy for you and that you are feeling so much better.
Sad but true. Doctors can only know what they learn and unfortunately what they learn about this medication is not often from people who have been through it but from pharmacuticle reps and books.
No substitute for the "real thing"

Doesn't make any sense to me really.
I can hear the doctor now.

Patient:
Doctor I feel so much better on this lower dose
Doctor:
I know BUT I want you to take this higher dose because it is what is supposed to make you feel better so take it.

You get the idea. I am always grateful for my own provider who is always ready to ask questions and listen to what the patient has to say or how they feel.

Please keep in touch Idiaz and let us know how it goes. We'll be here as always.
Dee

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need assistance   

Back to top Go down

need assistance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Suboxone Assistance-
Jump to: