Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Financial Assistance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts: 95
Registration date: 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Financial Assistance   Mon 17 Nov 2008, 2:06 pm

Suboxone Financial Assistance Program
Need help paying for your Suboxone each month? Don't let it get you down. You are certainly not the only one. Reckitt-Benckiser, the manufacturer of Subutex and Suboxone has assistance available if you meet their qualifications. Please take your time and read the information carefully below and if you feel you may qualify then follow the instructions I have given you. We wish you the very best in obtaining the help you need.

RECKITT-BENCKISER
Patient Assistance Program
http://www.rxassist.org/pap-info/company_detail.cfm?CmpId=173
If you know you are going to need some help, I would ask before making the appointment if they have three patients on the Rx-Assistance Program. It may not always be possible for you if you are in serious withdrawals but if not take the time to call them before making the appointment.

Please click on the link above. It will take you to Patient Assistance Program. You must fill out the application. I recommend you take the time read the criteria carefully before filling out the application. Print duplicate copies. Fill it out. Keep one and take one to your physician of choice. It requires the signature of the physician to receive financial assistance.
Program Details
RECKITT BENCKISER
Suboxone Patient Assistance Program

CONTACT INFORMATION
Address:
RB Processing Center
PO Box 1113
Wayne, NJ 07474-1113
Phone: 1-866-512-2216

ELIGIBILITY
# Eligibility Information: Patient must not have public or private prescription insurance.
# Patient must be at least 16 years old.

# Physician can only have 3 patients on the program at a time.

Income:
$19,000 or less ( Single)
$21,000 (Household of Two)
$32,000 (Household of
Three)
Other Financial Requirements: Medical expenses can be deducted from reported income.
Social Security Number Required
United States Citizenship Required

APPLICATION
Attachments Required
Physician License DEA #
Required:
Prescriber Signature
Allowed: Physician
Application may not be faxed.

Eligibility Determination Letter Sent: Provider

MEDICATION
Receives: Medication
Shipped To: Provider
Quantity in Shipment: 30 days
Delivery Time:

Re-application Policy: New application every 3 months.
Refill Policy: Physician's office must contact the program to arrange refills.

If you need any assistance you can call:
Reckitt-Benckiser: Monday- Friday from 9:00AM - 7:00 PM.
Suboxone Assisted Treatment: 770.428.0871 (Office) 770.537.9119 (Cell)
We are always available twenty-four hours every day of the year.

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 3:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit Colors)
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
Beinok

Female
Number of posts: 16
Humor: Great sense of humor
Registration date: 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Mon 02 Mar 2009, 2:52 pm

[b]Hi everyone,
I have a success story I must share. I have been on disability the last few years, therefore having no insurance to pay for Suboxone. I was on a PAP (Presciption Assisance Program) for the first year and then taken off. Well, this left me devasteted because I just could not come off of this life saving drug. Long story short, I have done everything possible to find another doc that had a slot open. I am on the NAABT list, etc.. I have been calling every doc licensed to prescribe Suboxone, with no success. The docs either did'nt know about the program or their slots were filled. Well, last week I had to see my regular doc and I gave him my spiel on my predicament. He was not certified to prescribe Suboxone. Later in the week I e-mailed him to just ask him to ask his colleagues, anything that may help. He e-mailed me back a few days later and said he would take the class and get me on the PAP program that "Reckitt Benckiser" - Suboxone manufactuar, offers! Can't even tell you the significance of this ( I'm sure so many of you know). Point is just never keep trying, you never know when and what miracle will come through!
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts: 2200
Humor: Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date: 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Mon 02 Mar 2009, 8:44 pm

I must say, congratulations are in order.
That is wonderful news.
Your doctor sounds like "one of the good ones". I wish that there were more of him/her out there.
Great job on your part, your right it just foes to show that as long as you don't give up and are willing to do the leg work to help yourself miracles do happen.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts: 95
Registration date: 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Tue 03 Mar 2009, 12:00 pm

Thanks, Beinok:
Very well said! What you shared with us reminded me of something I had read and I believe I am using it on my website now. I thought by sharing it with all of you now, it would help to bring out the point you are making. Here goes:
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

------------------Calvin Coolidge

Persistence is always rewarded...thank you for contributing and making the point being persistent pays off and miracles still happen.

Your friend,
Deborah
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
Particular

Male
Number of posts: 44
Humor: Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date: 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Tue 03 Mar 2009, 9:27 pm

Beinok!

That's incredible. I thought I had one of the best MD's ever. And he only said that my situation gave him motivation to take the second part of the course so he could prescribe suboxone! However, I don't know if he did, I had to find a doctor locally that did, which we only have 2 in my area. My hat is off to that Doctor! and your persistence!

Your Partner in Recovery!
~Particular...
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts: 851
Humor: You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date: 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Mon 04 May 2009, 10:15 am

Hi Deborah,

Thanks a million for putting this up. I'm ashamed to say I'm reading this for the first time. I wrote down all of the information and as many doctors I see, one of them may take the course. I'm moving forward with my recovery and I feel I need to do more to help other addicts and their loved ones. I'm in constant prayer for you and Dean. I know you have been blessed and are touched by His love, but I still ask for your way to be lightened and your financial way to be opened from places you never thought of to be true. It happens...I won $10,000 on a game show when I had first joined the union and wasn't working that much. This money bought me a car I desperatly needed, tools, rent, food and ect. ect. I wasn't ashamed to pray for money. I ask for you to be blessed in every way you need it to be.

Your eternal servant,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
fifteenyearsnow

Female
Number of posts: 1
Registration date: 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Thu 28 May 2009, 5:23 pm

I have 3 problems with the financial assistance program:
1 - What do you do if your doctor already has 3 people on the program?
2 - Also, I am self employed and last year I made more than the minimum but this year I'm going to come in under the minimum. Is that okay
3 - my third problem - it says you can't have insurance. Well I have "insurance" but it's only good if I go to the hospital - so why should that disqualify me?

I dont' know what I'm going to do; I'm running out of money, I'm taking 2 subs a day and I can't get off that quickly. Any suggestions????
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Fri 29 May 2009, 12:42 pm

Hi fifteenyearsnow,
I would suggest that you call the phone number listed on the above post.
It is the number for the Reckitt Benckiser Patient Assistance Program. I called it last night to ask the questions that you have listed. But they were not open. Their hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5p.m. (1-866-512-2216 )
This is not the same number for the Nurse line. For questions about Suboxone itself you can call the nurse at (877)-782-6966.
What I am trying to say is don't give up.
As far as I know, so far we have two members that are on the Patient Assistance Program.
If your doctor has him limit of patience on the program, look for another doctor.
Persistence pays off. Wasn't it by persistence that you were able to get as far as you have in your recovery.
An update as of February 2009 to the Patient Assistance Program can be found at:
http://suboxone.activebb.net/moderator-announcements-f10/re-change-in-financial-assistance-t269.htm

Also there is a prescription discount card that you can download and print. It will save you some money on your suboxone. The card is accepted at most pharmacies. http://www.superrxcard.com
If you need to vent or just talk we are here.
Yours,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
jessica_d

Female
Number of posts: 34
Humor: 'every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal!"
Registration date: 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Wed 29 Jul 2009, 12:08 pm

Goodmornin' m'ladies!

So I am now on 16 mgs of suboxone...I signed all of the paperwork for the RX assist program but here's the problem... I made 19,155 before taxes last year. But I claimed 2 on my W-4..

Do you think I'll be able to get on this program? I am sooo nervous!!! I can't afford the prescription on its own Sad

Let me know!

Thanks Smile
Jess
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessicariffic
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Wed 29 Jul 2009, 2:29 pm

Jessica,
According to the update;

Eligibility:

Eligibility Information: * Patient must not have any private prescription insurance.

* Patient must be at least 16 years old.
* Physician can only have two patients on the progam at a
time, unless the physician has over 60 patients with opiate

addictions, then three are allowed.

Income at or below: Single: $25,000 %FPL

Couple: $34,500 %FPL
you can always call them if you need to Monday-Friday 9a.m.-5p.m.
1-866-512-2216 with any additional questions. I hope this helps.
Dee

Back to top Go down
jessica_d

Female

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Wed 29 Jul 2009, 2:39 pm

PHEW! Thank goodness!

Thank you for posting that Dee, you just made my day Smile

I was looking at the outdated eligibility information that says you must make 19000 or below to qualify!

Yayy, God is watching over me Smile

Jess
Back to top Go down
bfye

Female
Number of posts: 695
Humor: There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date: 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Wed 29 Jul 2009, 7:11 pm

Hey Jess,
I just wanted to pop in over here as well to let you know a bit about the RxAssistance Program. The doctor has to request an application on your behalf, or some offices already have copies available, you have to sign it, the doctor has to sign it & put the prescription amount on there. So in your case, two tablets daily, then it gets mailed to RB Pharm. & they get it processed, then mail the Suboxone back to your doctor & they should call you when it comes in (about 10 business days-tops!) to come in to pick it up. Then, if your seeing your doctor monthly, you can schedule your appointments when your due for your Suboxone the next month. Then the doctor can just give it to you at your monthly appointments from then on. If it seems like its taking too long, remember that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It's not a long process before you can have them in hand. (less than 2 weeks) I'm only telling you this from experience, keep on them if its dragging out. I'm so happy for you my friend! I really hope that you'll continue to let me know how your doing. I love you
Love,
B I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Wed 29 Jul 2009, 11:31 pm

Jess,
There is no need to thank me. I am just happy that I could help. I remember when I was looking for information about Suboxone. I couldn't find anyone that could tell me anything except "why don't you just buy them on the street?" that's not the information that I was looking for.
Then, I stumbled upon the Suboxone Assisted Treatment website. I join the old forum, and have been here ever since. Had it not been for Deborah, the CEO of Medical Assisted Treatment of America and creator of the forums I'd have been lost. So I love it when I can do what was done for me.
Help and support.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee

Back to top Go down
jessica_d

Female

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Thu 30 Jul 2009, 11:11 am

Goodmorning Dee I love you

I feel like this forum is a blessing from God. I swear!!!! I would not be where I am now without everyone here! The day i stumbled across the Assisted program information I saw a glimmer of hope. And look where I am now! Today is day 6 with NO METHADONE! Yayy Smile

So we'll see how this goes, I'm just praying I will be accepted into the program...I don't see why I shouldn't. I am kinda unlucky though so we'll see.

How do you get your suboxone? Do you pay out of pocket? I hope not! It's wayy expensive!

Anyway, hope you are well lovely dee...I will talk to you very soon!

Love,
Jess Razz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Financial Assistance   Thu 30 Jul 2009, 10:36 pm

Jess,
No I don't pay out of pocket for my Suboxone. I ahve state insurance(Medicaid) The state of Vermont, is one of few states that Medicaid will pay for Suboxone Maintenance. It also pays for my doctor visits and counseling. I am very fortunate I know.
Last year, I lost my insurance for about five months. And I did have to pay out of pocket then. It wasn't easy to come up with the money, as my Prescription for one month was over 400.00 and the doctor would have been 190.00 a month. I want to make something clear though about the fee that my doctor charges. That is her usual charge for all patients not just patients taking Suboxone.
She is a Psychiatrist. And her fee is about 190 per hour.
My doctor knew at that time that I was struggling to come up with the money for my medication, so instead of charging me her regular fee, she charged me less than 1/4th of her fee and let me make payments on the bill. If it weren't for her giving me such a break I don't know what I would have done.
Have a good night
Dee

Back to top Go down

Financial Assistance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1