Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Calling Bulldog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Calling Bulldog   Sun 18 Jan 2009, 4:08 pm

Hey Bulldog Jay,
How's everything going lately? I haven't heard from you in awhile & was wondering how your doing. Are you still feeling good on the Subs? Have you been back to your doctor at all for any dosage adjustments? How're things going at home? Hopefully, they're continuing to get better, as it sounded like your wife needed this to happen as well. Are your daughters doing well? I know that I'm full of questions for you, but just curious to how you are. I didn't know if you'd seen my message that I'd sent you also?? Please let me hear that your doing okay.. (or even if your not!) tongue
Talk to you soon! Wink
Your Friend,
Bethy I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Sun 18 Jan 2009, 4:19 pm

Yeah Jay,

Where you at? What are you doing?You better be okay. Write us and let us know.

We are just concerned for your welfare and well being.

You're a brother now...you posted more than two times. lol

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male
Number of posts : 37
Humor : I try but fall short many tmes
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Tue 20 Jan 2009, 7:13 pm

Im still here doing fine a little lazy is all hope yall are all well. I go back to doc 29.
i cant get messages on here.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Tue 20 Jan 2009, 7:36 pm

Bulldog,
What do you mean you can't get messages?
Are you talking about the forum or your computer?
Let me know
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Wed 21 Jan 2009, 6:53 pm

Hi Bulldog Jay!!
Just wondering how your doing??? Please let me hear what's going on with you..
Your Concerned Friend,
Bethy I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Wed 21 Jan 2009, 11:03 pm

Hi Jay,

I tried to find the place you was talking about...there are quite a few with the same name. Can you give me the web address?

Talk to you soon,
Ms. Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Thu 22 Jan 2009, 12:34 pm

Hi Bulldog!
I'm going to keep checking on you until you answer me!! Even if its only one letter long that tells me that your alive & how your doing! Put a "G" for Good or a "B" for bad.. Laughing Seriously, though, hope all is well!! Please let me know.
Your Friend,
Bethy I love you
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Wed 28 Jan 2009, 6:40 pm

HI everyone I've had the flu I guess, feel a little better go back to the doctor tomorrow. This is firstime I ever had a major portion of my perscrition left. I was perscribed 45 pills and have almost 30 left which I think is great. Ill check in with yall after the doctors visit.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Wed 28 Jan 2009, 7:02 pm

Bulldog,
I am sorry to hear that you have been sick. This is my first day back as well, I started feeling a bit under last week, on Saturday it put me in bed. But as of today, I am so much better. I did a lot of sleeping the last 2 days and that helped a lot in it self.

My best wishes to you on your doctors appointment tomorrow.
How did you come up with so many extra pills left over? Did you cut back your dose yourself. How do you feel on that dose your on now?

Please be sure to check in after your appointment and let us know how it goes. I know that now your on the subs, your life is so much better and your probably busy catching up on the things that you weren't able to do while using, but it would be great if you could stop by daily and give us a few words. It would really help out the new comers to hear your experiences.
Not only that, but I do miss seeing both you and Korbeshskie on here. Have you talked to him lately?
If you do, please let him know to stop by.
I'm off to read the other posts.
I will look forward to talking to you tomorrow.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Thu 29 Jan 2009, 3:21 am

was prscribed 1/2 pill 3 times aday which would be1 1/2 pills a day. I took 1/4 2 times aday so 1/2 total. so i gained a pill a day and am taking an 1/8 two times aday now so im doining well i think. I have like 30 out of the original 45. im ganna stay at this dose if he will let me for a while.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Thu 29 Jan 2009, 12:21 pm

Bulldog,
That's great!
With the subs, less is more. The less you are able to take the better you feel. And with you starting out on a low dose will probably help you in the long run. Just talk to your doctor about it like you planned to let him know what you are doing.
Most people in the beginning stabilize at a higher dose than you did. Which is why I asked.
It sounds like you ahve a good game plan going on there.
How is life with you otherwise?
Your doing such a great job, another success story with Suboxone!
Let us know if you need anything. We are always here.
Check in just to say hi, it doesn't take long and that way we will know your still around the family.
I have to run for a bit.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Thu 29 Jan 2009, 7:07 pm

Hi Jay,
I'm sure that you saw that I sent you a PM also, but just read the above posts & wanted to congratulate you on how well your doing!! That's great that you feel well taking that low of a dosage. Dee's right about it usually taking a much higher dosage to stabilize most people, at least that I've heard of, and you seem to be getting along superbly!! Good for you!! What did your doctor say at your appointment today? I'm sure that he was very proud of you as well!! It's really cool to see someone who comes along that is really struggling, then to see the transformation of your life continuing to get better & better each day! Its really inspiring to see all the positive changes!!
Please continue to keep in touch & stay well!!
Talk to you soon!
Love,
Bethy I love you
Back to top Go down
bulldoglover

Male

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Sun 01 Feb 2009, 2:35 pm

HI,
Whew I finally feel a little better. I guess it was flu or something I didnt go to the doc I rescheduled it for the next week. I cut myself back to 1/8 but talked with the nurse first and she said it was fine. I hadnt posted much because I just felt bad but I dont think it was anything to do with addiction just generally sick. One reason I tried to cut back is to let my wife know I am taking this serios. I had a confrintation with someone in chat about me not being clean but this is what I have to do for me. I try and not promote this as for everyone. We had a mgic pill conversation maybe that is what im looking for maybe this is it for me. I do know that this is the only med I've not abused and I'm proud of myself for that. I sometimes wonder if I am just fooling myself. Everyone on the other site seems obseessed with how to quit suboxone and maybe thats why I've been pushing myself. I think ill stay at this dose for a whlie not go as fast take it easy for awhile. Anyway I'll quit rambling hope you are all well.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Sun 01 Feb 2009, 4:50 pm

Hi Bulldog,
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. You may have had a touch of the flu. I know that I myself was sick last week. I felt like I had all of the wind taken out of my sails. But after four days I finally started to feel better.

I want to encourage you to not listen to what other people tell you on other forums or sites. What is good for them is NOT always good for othr people. It is like going to AA or NA and having them tell you that just because you are on medication for addiction you are not clean. You are clean.
That is why I stay away from other forums. A lot of them ( not all, but most) beat you down to their way of thinking. It is setting you up for a relaspe if you ar not ready.
I don't think your ready. Take your time. This is your life. Not theirs.
Being in recovery is kind of like being a newborn, we have to take baby steps, until we can toddle on our own.
This medication works for you. It has given your life back. It has given you back to your wife.
The two of you are starting to enjoy each other again.
You don't have to stop taking subs to show her you are serious about not taking drugs.
Taking Suboxone is not like using drugs. Does she understand this?
Some people can stop. And some can not.
If you can't stop and have to take for the rest of your life, then so be it. It does not mean your weak or have character flaw as some people would like to think.
If I sound like I'm on a band wagon, I am sorry. But I am.
I believe in this medication.
And I believe in you. It saved your life and it has saved mine.
What is wrong with that?
Please let us know if you need us. And Barbara gave you the number to call if you need to talk to someone. Use it if you need to.
She is right. Dean is a very understanding and compassionate man. He does understand what we go through. Deborah is here for you as well.
She is going through alot right now. But if you need her, she will be there for you in a heartbeat.
I will close this up for now. l Please let me know how you are.
Yours,
Dee

Phone:
Office:
770-428-0871
Cell:
770-527-9119
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email with your name and the time you would like us to call you, and we will call you at our expense.
We are available 24 hours a day
7 days a week.

MATDirector@aol.com
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   Sun 01 Feb 2009, 5:37 pm

Hi Jay, Please DO NOT listen to those people that say you are not clean. I had a chance to go on suboxone in 2007. But instead I listen to everybody that said I wouldn't be clean. I was in recovery then. But I lost count of how many times I relapse. Now I been on suboxone since Aug of 2008. I have not relapse once. By the way some of those people that told me I wasn't clean have relapsed. One of those people is a close friend and can't stay away from the o.c.s if her life depended on it. I take 16mg of suboxone now and I am happy with were I am at. I am relearning life without the opiods and it is well worth it. Take care Jay. Your friend Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling Bulldog   

Back to top Go down

Calling Bulldog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1