Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome! kscholl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Welcome! kscholl   Wed 19 Nov 2008, 9:53 pm

Welcome! kscholl:
I want to welcome you to Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel! bounce How are you coming along with your Suboxone? Maybe some of the members here know if anyone has successfully tapered off of Suboxone. If any of you do please share it with kscholl.

I want to thank you for joining with us and I would like for all of you to share your Suboxone Stories with us. Click on Suboxone Stories and share how you heard about Suboxone and started taking it. Let others know how it has helped you.

kschool, as soon as I get over my dental surgery I have some information to share with you. I have done my homework on tapering off Suboxone and it has been done by many successfully but I know it isn't helping you at all just to hear about it. You want to know HOW? Right?

It's not the "End Of The World" if for some reason you can't achieve it. I would think it is possible for you no longer than you were on drugs, I wouldn't worry about it. I would certainly like to be free of my methadone but I had to accept there is no way unless I wanted to hurt constantly and have the quality of my life impaired. I believe the "quality of one's life" is important. I am not a person who can lay in bed all day and do nothing and it is about to drive me crazy now. I have permission to return back to work Monday, but I may return before then.

I 'm asking you just to hang in there because I am searching for an answer to your dilemma. I will work with you until we can find one. First, I believe you should stop concentrating on tapering off the last mg and feeling frustrated if you can't succeed. Just go along each day and take what you need and forget it because it is no more than taking medicine for high blood pressure. It's like couples trying to have a baby--sometimes they try too hard and it is all they have on their mind and they don't succeed but when they give up and let go then it happens for them.

If any of you have any suggestions to help him, then please do share with him for we are here to help one another and add enrichment to each other's lives. We all have much to give to others and the more we give -the more we receive in return.
I just wanted to take the time to let you know I am working on your problem and what came to my mind when I was praying is to let go -and let God. If you have any questions, I haven't answered on Suboxone Assisted Treatment, I will work with you until I find you an answer that works for you individually.
We are glad to have you on board. Our ship is going to sail Christmas and all the ones who have joined by Christmas Day will be very special elite members. scratch I advise you don't try and figure it out but I may have some surprizes for all of you.

I will be in touch with you personally and you hang in there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! kscholl   Wed 19 Nov 2008, 11:35 pm

Welcome kschool,
I'm sure there are many people that have tapered off of suboxone without any problems, and I'm sure that if that's what you want to do, Deborah can find the information that your looking for. But please remember that there's nothing wrong with staying on them if that's what you decide. I have been on them for a little over two years, and I have no plans of ever coming off of them. My life now is so much bettr than it was before. So many times I tried to go it alone "cold turkey" and let me tell you, it was pure hell. I haven't posted my story yet, but I am working on it.
Don't ever let anyone tell you that when you take subs your trading one drug for another. Because your not.
All kind of people takes all kinds of medication for different things, not only do I take suboxone for my addiction, but I take heart medication for my heart and thyroid medication for hypothyroidism. How long have you been on the subs may I ask? If I'm being nosey just let me know.
nannamom

sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! kscholl   Fri 21 Nov 2008, 10:56 pm

Greeting skscholl, welcome to our place. You'll find the people here have the biggest hearts and truly care about you. The new members are the most important people on the board. We want you to stay and let us get to know you. I'm Barbara and been on Suboxone for two years and doing so-so. I won't lie to you, at times just getting out of bed is hard. Then are the good days when everything is going great. As time goes by it gets better. My best to you on your way to recovery. Love, Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! kscholl   Mon 24 Nov 2008, 5:54 pm

Hello,
I started on Suboxone last May and as I'm sure your aware of, it is extremely expensive. I was so happy to be off the opiates and out of the cycle, but I also wanted to hurry up and wean off the Subs as well. It is a financial strain for our family, so that was my plan. At the beginning of October, I started the "weaning" process and by Halloween I was off of them completely. Two days later I felt just as I had six months earlier- MISERABLE!! I know that I don't have to try to explain that feeling. Trying to make a long story short, I was back at the dr. the following Monday and have been back on them since. I have let go off the idea of trying to go off of them anytime soon. That had been a really big issue for me, but as I've talked it through, not so much now. If I need to be on Subs for 5, 10 or 50 years, so be it.
I can function again!! I hope that I will be able to get back to the point of not needing meds, but I now KNOW that I am not there yet. I still have to cross that bridge, but I have much respect for the way you are handling your journey. I guess I also just wanted to say (from experience) try not to rush it and if now isn't the time, it really is OK. For me, it's better to be on it and be sure. I'm not sure what that means to you, I'm still learning myself. Please let me know how it goes and if you have any good advice, I'm all ears/eyes. Best of luck to you, bfye
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! kscholl   Mon 24 Nov 2008, 11:23 pm

[justify]Hey There! It's Barbara Rue. I know how much you want off of having to put a pill or part of one under your tongue everyday, everyday. Look at it like this, you're a day closer to getting where you want to be. Your mind has got to get back to the place before you took the drug and taper down to dust at your system's acceptance and you will be free and clear. I know how frieghtened you got at the end of the two days. I think the devil showed up when I got down to 1 mgs and tried to jump off. It wasn't pretty. See, this negative force is about to have to let loose and it doesn't want to, this is when you have got to fight the dragon and win. Remember winners never want what losers have and that's defeat. I'd take it slow, give my mind a rest and get some help and tools to use under your belt and you will have a better chance. We are here for you. New people are the most important people on our forum. We want you to stay with us and learn the road to recovery. Our Administrator is out with her teeth being worked on and all of her work she does for us to keep the forum going. Deborah will be here with you as soon as she sees your post. Even if she's sick, she'll try to make you feel better. Hang in there, kscholl. The more you talk about it, the less it weighs on us. Yours in the struggle, Barbara Rue[/justify]

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and Justify)
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! kscholl   Tue 25 Nov 2008, 12:21 am

[b]Hello Byfe,
I noticed that in your post one of the factors that led you to wanting to taper off of the subs is the cost. The cost of this miracle medication is high if you don't have insurance. Is that the case with you?
I ask because Deborah has a post that will tell you about the Suboxone Assistance Program. It is worth looking into. There are certain qualifications to the program. Maybe you can check into it. I applaud you for realizing that you weren't ready to come off of the subs yet. Too many times people come off of them for the wrong reasons, many because they have been told that they are just substituing one drug for another, and when ever I hear this I get so angry. Because there's nothing further form the truth. When we are in recovery we are given many " tools" for our tool box, the more tools we have, the better chance we have at remaining in recovery.
Welcome to the group Byfe. I'm nannamom and glad to meet you.
Sending hugs
nannamom
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome! kscholl   

Back to top Go down

Welcome! kscholl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Suboxone-