Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome Elizabeth!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Welcome Elizabeth!   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 3:49 pm

Good Morning Elizabeth,
How are you doing on this Saturday morning? It's the weekend! Unfortunately, or maybe not, maybe it's a great thing, that my weekends are basically the VERY same as my weekdays. Except right now, as I am not calling doctors offices. But I hope that you have the day to relax! I am so happy to see that you have made it here to the forum. Welcome "home!" I have a tendancy to ramble & ask lots of questions, but only in hopes that you may return a reply to my post. But first & foremost, I really want you to know that I am so glad, thankful & proud that you have made it this far. I know how very rough of a journey it can be, but this forum has become my safe haven. My place to come vent the misunderstood feelings that I have inside. And you would be so very surprised that many members here understand EXACTLY what I am talking about.
My name is also Elizabeth, Elizabeth Anne, but I normally go by "Beth" or "B" as I have been lovingly referred to since being a youngster. But I thank my Great-grandmother who changed my parents mind about my name before I was born. They were going to name me "Micah" which is also a beautiful name, but it was quite important to my Dad's Grandma that they named me "Elizabeth Anne" and although it is so very common, I still love it. If I were to ever become a doctor or some sort of professional, I believe that I would go by Elizabeth. But maybe not! Anyways, Elizabeth, I am happy to see that you have registered to become a member to this precious forum. It is like a life raft while your drifting off to sea, we will help you get back to the boat, we will attempt with all of our might to pull you back to the "boat of recovery"-but what you do from there will be your very own doing, except that no one is going to just leave you to do it all on your own. There are several special members here who are always willing to "drop what they are doing at that moment" if you need a hand to help pull you up. Have you ever realized all of the hands that are trying to pulling you "DOWN" to their level of misery & back into using, while there are only, but a few that are selfless enough to help want to pull you back "UP" into that boat of recovery?? You have found those hands that want to help pull you back up & get you back to the "real" Elizabeth! The person that you were before you were introduced into the drug scene! I guess that I am assuming that you have an opiate addiction because you became a member on here, but that was only an assumption. Are you here because of yourself or a loved one being an addict to opiates? Are you currently still using or are you already into recovery? Are you on Suboxone? Or thinking about starting it? Or are you on Methadone or considering starting that? Either way, I am an advocate of MMT!! (Medical Maintenance Treatment) I encourage you to try one of these life saving drugs if you have an opiate addiction & nothing else that you have tried to do to get off of them has helped or worked out for you. I, myself, am currently taking Suboxone & in my opinion, it's the the best thing since sliced bread, if not better than. We can slice our own bread, right? Seriously though, Suboxone has been a life saving miracle medication for me! Obviously this is my own opinion, but I don't think that I would still be alive today if it were not for the Suboxone. (and God!) I was at the end & didn't want to fight that battle of addiction for another day! That is until I tried the Suboxone. It was my "last ditch effort" of ever having a "normal" life, without Oxycontins ruling my everyday, every thought, every worry about how to get the next "high"- even though by that point, I wasn't even getting high anymore. I was simply taking enough of them to "maintain" & not get sick, to not have to go through the withdrawls. I could no longer afford the amount that I needed to get "high"- I couldn't even afford to buy what I was to get through the days. My next step was heroin. No doubt about it, except that I was scared. Not to even mention that I was keeping this a secret from my hubby, children, parents, siblings- although, believe me when I say that they were not stupid!! They knew that I was on "something"- not the specifics, but I thought I had everyone fooled into believing that I was indeed clean! YEAH, right? They just had NO idea how bad it really was. The first reaction that I received was how could you go back (as I had been clean off of Vicodin for well over two years) much less to go to Oxycontins..? I went into detox off of them, which is where I learned of Suboxone, as they used Subutex for the detox. I went onto Suboxone from there & have been off all opiates for a year & a half now. Yea!! I definately say that if you are fighting this battle, you need Suboxone (or Methadone) on your side if you cannot get past it after trying again & again on your own. You become beat down & mentally tired of the suffering. I am telling you that it doesn't have to be this way. You can go to either of the websites for a wealth of information on the medications & it is all HON certified, meaning that every detail is the most up to date accurate information available on Suboxone or Methadone out there.
SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
MedicalAssistedTreatment of America Inc.org
(if you look either under Dee or Barbara (the moderators of the forum) directly underneath their names are the links that will take you directly there.) I apologize because I haven't learned to insert the links into my posts yet. (also, Dee uses nannamom as her user name, as I am bfye & Cathy is samigirl56, just so you know who you are looking for)
Elizabeth, I hope that I have helped you out at all & I wanted to make sure you knew how happy we are to have you here with us!! There is strength in numbers! Again, I welcome you to this wonderful place full of love, support, friendship & encouragement! There is no where else that is so full of love! Welcome to you!
I really hope that you will reply to my post & let me hear more abut you as well.
Love your friend in recovery,
Beth
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Elizabeth!   Sat 26 Sep 2009, 8:46 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to our place and I'm also glad you made it here. Beth talking about your name made me remember once when I had moved to a new school, I told the teacher and classmates my name was Elizabeth. I don't know why I did this. My name is Barbara and maybe I just thought it was a pretty name. I had a troubled childhood, maybe I wanted to be someone else? It's funny how we protect ourselves even at a young age. I'm glad you are here and hope you will stay and discribe a bit about yourself. We are here for you. Dee will be here as soon as she sees you are here. Make yourself at home and feel free to post or read along with the rest of us.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Elizabeth!   Wed 30 Sep 2009, 10:15 pm

Hello Elizabeth,
I happen to agree with the others about your name. I have a daughter, her name is Sarah Elizabeth. I choose to put the "H" at the end of Sarah because to me that made it sound sort of angelic. Then the Elizabeth just seemed to enhance her name. So she became my Sarah Elizabeth.
Welcome to the family.
My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum. If you have any questions about Suboxone or concerns about your recovery, just let us know. That is what we are here for. To help and support.

If you would like to post your Suboxone Success Story you may do it under: Suboxone Stories
We would love to have you share your story with us.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Elizabeth!   

Back to top Go down

Welcome Elizabeth!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1