Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome Mez

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Welcome Mez   Wed 17 Dec 2008, 1:43 pm

Welcome Mez,
So glad to be able to welcome another member to our family in recovery. Make yourself at home. I see that you have already posted. Your post is most welcome, and don't worry about posting in the wrong spot. You posted and that's all that matters.
I see that you have been on Suboxone for four months now. Doesn't it make the world of difference in you life now. This miracle medication has helped so many people that it is awesome. You are now down to 10mg and tapering to get off of it. May I ask you why your wanting to be off of it so soon after starting it? I only ask because most people stay on it for a longer period of time, unless their doctor decides he/ she wants to take them off, and I just want to be sure that it is your decision and not someone elses. If you ever need anything we are here for you, even if it is just for a quick hug or hello we are here.
I am so happy that both you and your hubby are in recovery, having someone near you really does help when you need imediate support. And you don't have to worry about them using and bringing something into the house while your trying so hard to make it.
Take things easy and don't try to move ahead to fast. Both your body and mind need time to heal. When using we put our bodies through so much. So just take baby steps and you will do fine.
When you wake up each morning look in the mirror and tell yourself something good about YOU. Be proud of yourself. Anytime you feel as though your getting stressed please come here and post, it will help you to get it out and talk about it. Barbara Rue always says: A problem talked about, is a problem half solved. And she is right. She has many words of wisdom to share.
Yours in recovery
Dee

Last edited by nannamom on Thu 18 Dec 2008, 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Mez   Thu 18 Dec 2008, 1:12 am

Thanks Dee for your encouragement. Am I taking things too fast? My doctor doesn't say much. I have been on sub. once before and jumped off because I thought it was taking too long. I really don't want to stuff this up. I need to talk to my Doc. about this. I feel really lucky to have found this site because I think I was starting to flounder with only talking to my hubby about it. He's doing well but I know he still has some sort of shame attached to the medication. He had 20 years of clean time up and tends to go it alone if you know what I mean.

How long do people usually stay on suboxone for? I see an awful lot of users at the chemist where I go and they really are just supplementing their other addictions. Not all of them of course, but a lot of them tend to use speed while they are on this stuff and their lives just aren't getting any better. Since I've been reading things on this I've finally been able to tell myself that I am in recovery and not just 'substituting' one drug for another.

I have had to let go of a lot of NA stuff and treat my life now as a new and positive time. It's like I have been given the chance to respect myself again and this treatment has given me the ability to get some dignity back in my life. Thanks for sharing with me. Cheers. Mez. cheers
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Mez   Thu 18 Dec 2008, 1:52 am

Hi Mez
The length of time that people are on Suboxone varies from one person to another. Some are on a little as 6 months and some are on it for the rest of their lives. I have been on it for a little over 2 1/2 years now. Before that, I was on Methadone for 4 years. I had to switch over because I moved and the State that I live in now didn't have a clinic near me. I don't know how long I will be on this medication. But if I feel that in time if I have to be on it for the rest of my life, then so be it. I tried too many times to do it alone "my way" and it didn't work. Before too long I would be out on the hunt again. I couldn't get rid of the cravings. Now I have no cravings. Your right, your NOT substituting one drug for another. You are simply taking a medication to manage your disease.
I have heart disease and I also take medication for that. And I am also hypothyroid and I take medication for that as well.
It's a shame that so many people take this medication to stave off their withdrawls or enhance their high to another drug.
I wish that they would realize how great their life could be if they would just stop and take Suboxone alone. It's late here and bedtime for me. I will be back in the morning
yours
Dee Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Mez   

Back to top Go down

Welcome Mez
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: