Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Thought for Today; Surviving my emotions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Thought for Today; Surviving my emotions   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 12:51 pm

I know that NA thinks that Opiate Replacement Therapy has no place in a REAL recovery process. Obviously, I disagree with that statement. I believe that ORT allows us to not have to focus on the cravings and withdrawals symptoms and allows us to work on the REAL nitty gritty. The reasons behind our addiction.
No two people are alike and what works for me, may not work for you. But I feel as a patient of Medicated Assisted Treatment is important to have something other than medication as our recovery. We need to have an outlet to share not only our failures but our successes as well. Medication Therapy combined with counseling, is a must.
There should be a way that we could combine NA with Medication and that is what I do. I read what NA has to say and take from it what helps me. What doesn't help me, I leave behind. We all have to find a way to work through our own recovery.

Having said all of that, I did find something within the NA text I wanted to share with you guys today but again, I want to state that as a Suboxone forum manager/moderator, a Suboxone Patient and someone who works with MAT of America INC/ Suboxone Assisted Treatment. I do not agree with NA's stance on ORT. **(Opiate Replacement Therapy)

My own comments are in
orange. NA text in yellow .

“We use the tools available to us and develop the ability to survive our emotions.”
“Survive my emotions?” some of us say. “You’ve got to be kidding!” When we were using, we never gave ourselves the chance to learn how to survive them. You don’t survive your feelings, we thought—you drug them. The problem was, that “cure” for our unsurvivable emotions was killing us.

When I opened up to others and started sharing what was going on inside of 'me' I slowly began to heal. Coming here to this forum, and opening up to my counselor is what has helped me. I can no longer hide what is bothering me, I no longer have to. I have found that I am accepted as I am.

Just for today: I will not deny my feelings. I will practice honesty and surrender to life as it is. I will use the tools of 'my program' to survive my emotions.

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Thought for Today; Surviving my emotions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1