Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome to our latest members

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Welcome to our latest members   Sat 16 Jan 2010, 12:45 am

Welcome ape0567, mlvc6969, dree23, taylor49 & ChristysMom.
Wow! Five new members. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to welcome so many new people.
Please make yourselves at home. Feel free to read the postings of the other members and if any of you have any questions or concerns about Suboxone or your recovery, please let us know. We will do what we can to help you find your answers.
My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum. We have two other moderators, their names are Barbara and Beth.
We also have quite a few extra special members that are always happy to lend a hand.
When you are up to it, please take the time to post your story under our "Suboxone Stories" section of the forum. You never know how many people you can help by sharing a part of you. I know that when you are new to a forum it can be difficult to open up and talk about what may be bothering you, but let me assure you that no one here on this forum will ridicule, judge or make fun of you for anything that you may say or have done in the past. We have all walked in the same shoes. We care about you.
Have you checked out our websites? We have two. Suboxone Assisted Treatment and Medical Assisted Treatment of America Inc. Both website are a wealth of information. You may find the links to both sites at the end of each one of my posts.
I'd like to encourage you to post as often as you can. I'm sure you will find that once you get started it will get easier with time.
I look forward to meeting you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee/nannamom
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to our latest members   Sat 16 Jan 2010, 1:08 pm

Hello & Welcome to our several newest members-
Ape, Christy's Mom, MLVC, DRee, Taylor & Albuman!!
How is everyone doing? My name is Beth & I am very happy to welcome you all to this special forum that I like to consider my "second home!" This is what I consider my "safe-place" from the rest of the world that doesn't seem to yet understand addiction so very well as those of us whom have gone through it here! Just how painful those days were & how, although in recovery, it is very hard to understand the daily struggles that we continue to have despite being off of our drug of choice. I had a very severe Oxycontin addiction & did NOT now how to break free once I was caught up in that cycle! Thank God for always seeming to put me where I need to be & at that time, he put a Suboxone Provider directly into my path. I began my recovery in January of 2008, but could not remain off of the opiates altogether until I began the Suboxone on May 5, 2008. It has saved my life as well as keeping my family together through such a horrific addiction. I can certainly tell you that nothing worth anything comes easy, but the Suboxone has made it a thousand times easier than anytime that I had ever tried to quit before. I still have to do the work & put forth the effort, but the Suboxone allows that to be possible, as well as the many friends that I have made right here that help me through my toughest times. Friends in recovery can make or break you- depending on how much you are willing to open up & share! I do know that it can be quite difficult to come onto a site where you do not yet know anyone & talk about the very worst aspects of your addictive lifestyle- or at least that is how I first felt when joining the forum in November 2008. Yet, a very wise friend told me, "that a problem talked about is a problem half solved!" And Barbara is absolutely right!! I have held onto those very words of advice throughout my own recovery. Barbara is one of the forum's moderators, as well as Dee & myself. The websites that Dee were referring to are an absolute educational tool to utilize for any information regarding Suboxone or Methadone, as well as others stories who have gone through the same issues & how they have prevailed or what they are doing to get to where they want to be! I really encourage you all to take a look, as all information is 100% HON Certified (meaning 100% accurate, most up to date information regarding this subject!) Also, as Dee mentioned, the links are directly under everyone of her posts, as well as Barbara's or mine. Dee works very hard on these sites & trying to keep it all managed, she really puts forth much time & effort to make sure that they remain such an accurate location to find answers to many of our most asked questions as well as helping anyone who has individual needs. We can help you locate a Provider in your area, help to walk you through the Physician's Assistance Program (as Suboxone is quite costly- if you are uninsured, as I am!) The pharmaceutical company provides free medication for three patients of each Suboxone Provider. Therefore, if you need the financial help, you can speak to your doctor & see how many patients are on that list & could possibly become one of the three that could receive your meds directly from the Reckitt-Benckiser. But that is just an example of the types of help & info available on these websites. Our forum here, The Light at the End of the Tunnel, is also to help direct anyone who wants help from a maintenance medication to be able to obtain it. We do not judge, ridicule, put anyone "down" because of their past, present or future- we have ALL been there & the very last thing that any of us suffering from this disease of addiction needs to hear is how horrible their addiction made them. That is not the truth. We have all made severely poor choices while using, we thought that we had to, but by positive encouragement & a past forgotten, a new door can open in your life where lies hope, peace, self-love & contentment. Trust me when I say that it certainly does not happen overnight, but our addiction didn't occur overnight either. That is why we are all here for each other- to let others know what you are currently struggling with & what worked to help another get through it successfully. We want the very best for all of our recoveries, to help reach out a hand to pull another suffering person from the vicious cycle of this disease!
Now that I have gone on & on about this wonderful forum, who now has another 5 members to help out of their circumstances or to help someone that they love who is dealing with this devious disease of addiction, I would love to ask any of you to please respond & let us hear about what you are currently struggling with these days & if there is any possible way that we could help you with anything that you may need. Are any of you currently on Suboxone? Or Methadone? Or considering beginning either of them? Or if you are currently doing wonderfully in your own recovery, we would love to hear about it! This encouragement that goes so far with others who are struggling & need to hear that success from this disease is most certainly possible! Please let us in & where you are within your own recoveries. What brought you to become a member here? I really hope for any of you to share about yourselves as we would really like to get to know each & every one of you better! There is success in numbers! And you can always get a fresh perspective from other members here that may work for you as well.
Again, welcome "home" & looking forward to hearing from you all soon!!
Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth

Last edited by nannamom on Sun 17 Jan 2010, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to our latest members   Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:08 pm

Beth, Dee,

I loved both of your invites to our latest members. I've been out for a while and it sure is good to see so many people joining our forum. When I see another addict turning to recovery, I find joy in my own heart. I've come from being poor in spirit to being rich with hope because of finding Suboxone and this forum. This is an amazing place. Dee and Beth are great and will do all they can to help work through times that seem impossible at the time. Time is what we have to get past the most difficult situations.

I'm Barbara and would like to lean on and encourage you to join in with us and share whatever will help you along your way. This is how I get my growth is the give and take of one person helping another.

Everybody take it easy and one day and thing at a time.

Hope to hear from you. No matter what your situation is, we have been there too. We are here to improve the lives of others and the greater good for us all.

I'm listening,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to our latest members   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to our latest members
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1