Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

WELCOME KORIE8816!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: WELCOME KORIE8816!   Tue 04 May 2010, 1:34 pm

Hi Korie8816 and welcome to the forum! I hope you get the time to look around and read the posts from our other members. My name is Cathy and I been a long time member here and I been a Suboxone patient since August of 2008. This forum and the Suboxone has help me to stay on the straight and narrow.

We have two very kind and educated moderators. They know their stuff when it comes to Suboxone and recovery. Their names are Dee and Barbara. So if you need anything at all or have any questions or just need to vent they are here for you.

When you feel comfortable we hope to get to know you alittle bit better. I am sure once Dee and Barbara see that you are here they will pop in to say hi.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME KORIE8816!   Wed 05 May 2010, 10:16 am

Hi Korie,
It is good to meet you. My name is Dee and I too am a Suboxone patient. I have been taking Suboxone for four years now. Before Suboxone I was a patient of MMT for four years. It is hard to believe that on July 17th I will celebrate 8 years in recovery.
There was a time when I would have laughed at anyone who dared to tell me that I'd be here today. I always told anyone who would listen that I was an addict and would never change. I had no interest in changing the way things were. Back then, take me or leave me.
I can't believe I used to say that. I guess I had given up any hope that I would be able to recover and one day be normal.
I had tried many times to stop using and I could for a time but eventually I would always go back to what I knew best. And that was using. It gave me energy, calm, and excitement all rolled into one. It also almost brought me death. In fact if not for the ability to take a medication to help me manage my addiction I would not be sitting here today.
Please make yourself at home. We'd like to hear about you and how you came to be here with us today.
You are most welcome and if you need anything just let us know and we will do what we can to help you along the way.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

WELCOME KORIE8816!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: