Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

WELCOME YEOMAN!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: WELCOME YEOMAN!   Wed 19 May 2010, 5:14 pm

Hello Yeoman and welcome to "The Light At The End Of The Tunnel"

My name is Cathy and I been on Suboxone for 18 months now. I can't believe it is almost going to be two years since I been in recovery. I couldn't of done it with out the Suboxone. Trust Me - I tried for years to stay clean and I would only make it a few months at the most.

We have two great moderators here. Their names are Dee and Barbara. They know just about everything there is know about Suboxone and recovery. If by chance they don't have an answer to your question they will go out of their way to find an answer.

So what brings you here Yeoman? If there is anything we can do for you just name it. This forum is full of advise and support. If you need a safe place to vent this is the place for you.

I hope you will take the time to read thru the forum. If you have any questions just give us a shout we are here for you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
yeoman

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME YEOMAN!   Wed 19 May 2010, 6:58 pm

I got hooked on opiates after back and knee surgery within a year of each other. A week and a half ago it was time to either buy more on the "street", or bite the bullet and go to rehab. I opted for the latter and got lucky. The Dr. I went to is the only one in my state licensed to do Suboxone outpatient therapy. I had no idea walking out of there with a drug that would prevent withdrawal AND get me off opiates was even a possibility. It has been nothing short of a miracle. NO withdrawal, NO cravings to speak of. I feel like my old self. Today was a cool day, because my normal monthly supplier called to come see me. I told him I wasn't doing that anymore, no problem. Pride is so much easier to live with than guilt. But I have questions. Is it going to stay this easy? Is my little suboxone "high" gonna go away as I stay on it? Etc. I go back to see the Dr. on Friday.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME YEOMAN!   Wed 19 May 2010, 10:27 pm

HI yeoman
My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum.
I am not sure if I understand your question properly. If you are asking if you will remain without cravings or withdrawal while taking Suboxone, then the answer is yes. Suboxone is designed to eliminate cravings and stop withdrawal. When combined with counseling which most providers require as a part of your program you stand a strong chance at a most successful recovery.
I have been a Suboxone patient for the last four years and before Suboxone I was a Methadone patient. I had to stop taking Methadone because I moved to another state and the state that I now live in only has one MMT program. So the switch was made. It wasn't an easy switch I admit. But a necessary one if I wanted to remain in recovery.
I had already tried several times to stop using on my own but one thing usually led to another and before I would know it I would be using again just as much as before.
Since I started taking medication to help manage my addiction I have not used any opiates.

Back in December of 2008, I was hit by a van while crossing the street, I received a knee injury and even then I didn't take any opiates. That was a milestone for me. It (suboxone) works for me and it can work for you as well.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, we are here to help and we really do care.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME YEOMAN!   Thu 20 May 2010, 4:59 pm

Hi Yeoman, its Cathy. I just wanted to check in with you today to see how you are doing. I see you met our fearless leader Dee.

Congrats on telling your supplier BYE BYE I know that had to be tempting but it proves you want recovery.

Have a great evening and we hope to hear from you soon.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
yeoman

Male
Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME YEOMAN!   Thu 20 May 2010, 6:12 pm

Thanks. I go back for my first follow-up in the morning. I had my first trouble this morning. Woke up about 5 with violent shakes. Took my first suboxone for the day and they went away quickly but I've felt ungrounded all day. I'm gonna ask if he will bump me to 2 1/2 per day so that doesn't happen again. Other than that, I'm just so very grateful coming off the hydros has been this easy.
Back to top Go down
FAD

Female
Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME YEOMAN!   Thu 20 May 2010, 7:48 pm

Hi Yeoman,
Congratulations! (I hope I am allowed to write on this section -- not sure!) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I too felt some sort of high from the subs. But my doctor later explained, and it makes perfect sense, that this is really how "one" is supposed to feel! Who knew? I have been on subs -- 24 mgs a day -- for 9 weeks (tomorrow!) and I have to say that I am so very happy. Happier than I have been in over 10 years. Possibly my entire adult life. I am beginning to wonder if the subs aren't acting as some sort of anti-depressant? I think I am going to post this on the other section for subs....

Keep up the great work! Cheers, FAD
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME YEOMAN!   Fri 21 May 2010, 1:36 am

FAD,
yes you may write in this section. This forum is for all of our members. If you write something in a wrong section I will let you know (gently) and move the post to where it should go. If I ever do that I will let you know where I moved it to and why. But rest assured, you are more than welcome to post. You are one of the family now.

Yeoman,
You as well are one of the family and may also post when you feel led to post. We love hearing from our members, that is what we are here for.
How often does your doctor have you taking your medication? Most people only need to dose daily, but you have only been taking Suboxone for a short time, did you say a week and a half?
Even though you have gone through your induction onto Suboxone, you are still not quite into your stabilization stage.
The "Stabilization phase" begins when patients no longer have cravings and are experiencing few or no side effects of their medication. The dose of Suboxone may need to be adjusted during this phase.

The "Maintenance phase" is reached when the patient is doing well on a steady dose of Suboxone, the length of time of maintenance therapy is individualized, and it may be indefinite depending on the patient.

Usually it is recommended that patients are seen by their Suboxone provider at least weekly until they are well stabilized. If at any time you have any questions about your treatment call your provider. This is your recovery and any concerns should be address as soon as possible so that you can continue to have a successful recovery.

Once more thing I want to mention, you should be very proud of yourself for turning away your main person when they called you. The fact that you did means that you are ready for all of this to be over. You are ready to start your new life and enjoy it.
We are all very proud of you.
Congratulations!!
You may not be feeling tip top right now, but it does get better. I promise you it really does.
Please let us know how the doctor visit goes.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME YEOMAN!   

Back to top Go down

WELCOME YEOMAN!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: