Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New to this forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
overit

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum   Fri 30 Jul 2010, 3:47 pm

I am brand new to this forum, been a heroin addict my whole life...this is day 5 on suboxone and i am JUST starting to feel okay, had a rough few days due to the fact I have switched back and forth so much that it didnt work as good as it used to ! Definately saved me from having to go to detox again...i really want to stay clean as I was killing myself, have scarred up every inch of my body with tracks due to this disease. So glad to have had this website to turn to the past 4 days to get me through Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum   Fri 30 Jul 2010, 6:38 pm

Dear Overit,

I can't express to you enough about hanging in there. I'm having a tough time myself after being clean for three years. It will take longer for the treament to work. It did for me too. I have good and bad days. Just give your mind a rest and tell yourself you are going to be good to yourself from now on. Rest when you need to, but try to stay busy. I've had my computer room closed and it's hot in here. I'll get back with you after it's cooled off some. Keep coming back here and remember you are not alone anymore.

Anytime,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum   Fri 30 Jul 2010, 11:19 pm

Hi overit,
My name is Dee and it is great to have you here with us. I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.
It may take awhile for your body to get used to taking Suboxone. Once you are stabilized on your dose you will begin to see such a difference.
Don't get discouraged.
Keep posting even if it is to check in and say hello, you need to keep your mind busy and not give it time to think of other things.
Do you have a hobby that you enjoy? Something that you like to do but never had the time to do before.
As Barbara said, you are no longer alone. We do care about you and we will do what ever we can to help you along the way.
Have you had the chance to check out our Suboxone website yet. The URL to the site is:
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
It is a wealth of information not only on the subject of Suboxone but addiction as well. We also have an area for posting questions and a guestbook if you would like to sign it.
Feel free to read the postings of our other members and post if you see something that you can relate to.
Again, Welcome!!

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum   Sat 31 Jul 2010, 12:07 am

Hi Overit.

I'm just before going to bed and thought I'd leave you a few things to think about. If you were like me when I'd been on a run, everything in my life was in shambles. My bills where behind, anything I was suppose to do, wasn't done. You know what? Within thirty days things got done. One thing at a time I got them down so I wasn't in a panic and going over and over it in my mind. Even while I was taking care of things, other things kept happening to put me further back. This week both of my horses went lame, my car started over heating and the riding lawn mower blade broke. These are just things I have to do. The vet or my farrier didn't charge me. I got the car fixed for not much money. These things keep me focused and out of myself. Helping other people is rewarded now I'm back on track. It's very important for me to make changes in my life.

Good night for now,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum   

Back to top Go down

New to this forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1