Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hello to everyone I have missed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone I have missed   Mon 26 Jul 2010, 9:07 pm

Hello to everyone I have missed.

I'm happy to say I'm feeling well enough to be here with you all. I have truly missed being here and greeting our new people. My best to all of you.

I've been an addict of some sort most of my adult life and have been on Suboxone going on four years. I tapered down to two to four milligrams a day for the last two years and it was way to soon for me. I made myself sick trying to break away too soon. This is just for me as we are all different in our make up and in our recovery. I'm now up to sixteen milligrams and doing much better. My doctor says we will do a slow taper and I will follow his directions and not mine. I didn't know this, but it can take up to ten years of having cravings after a withdrawal from Suboxone or any other drug. I'll have twenty years this coming August without a drink of alcohol, and still think of a cold beer every now and then. It's short lived, but it happens. I'm sharing this with you so you will be aware of the unknown chemistry of the brain.

Welcome to all of you as I welcome myself back.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone I have missed   Mon 26 Jul 2010, 9:24 pm

Welcome back Barbara
It is good to have you back. I will admit that I was so worried about you.
It is true about the cravings in some people, I know that my sister has been in recovery from addiction since 1995 and she still suffers from cravings from time to time, some days they aren't so bad
but on other days they are much worse
I can never say enough how proud I am of her.
Just as I am proud of you. It would have been easy for you to come back on here and not say anything about your experience. Your willingness to share with us so that your experience may help someone else is admirable.
Remember to take it slow and easy this time, do what you know is right.
Again, welcome back!
Yours in recovery,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone I have missed   Mon 26 Jul 2010, 9:49 pm

Dee,

You are great and I do hope this has helped someone, somehow. You never know why things happen at the time, but it makes perfect sense later on.

Again, I want to welcome the new people and the ones who have been here for a while. Let me say how important it is to share yourself. The reward is far greater than the silence. I'd love to hear from any of you who are having a hard time. A story told is a story that gets lighter. Believe me I found out the hard way.

Love to you all,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to everyone I have missed   

Back to top Go down

Hello to everyone I have missed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1