Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Thought for Today..08/12/2010... "Why me"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Thought for Today..08/12/2010... "Why me"   Thu 12 Aug 2010, 1:33 pm

" When was the last time you asked a question like this: "Why did this happen to me?" or "I don't understand why." Please remember, it's not what happens to us but the meaning we associate with the circumstances that will determine whether we will be successful and happy or the opposite. In all circumstances, reach for the better thoughts regardless of how hard it my be at first. Look for the better meaning and the positive aspect in all things. Use your circumstances always as a way to grow as a person and evolve to your greatest potential."
~Arty Bujan

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Thought for Today..08/12/2010... "Why me"   Fri 13 Aug 2010, 12:17 pm

Hello Dee-
I just wanted to thank you for your above post. I know that this is something that you & I have discussed before, but it is the blunt truth. No matter what life throws our way, it IS up to ourselves on how we react to it. We can wallow in our own self thrown pity party or stay in bed all day long, but how is that helping our newest issue that needs dealt with? Perspective is everything!! We can simply feel blessed for still being alive after going through such a rough addiction & be thankful for still being here today & off of the opiates, which I had never believed was even possible. That is what I really TRY to focus on- that "attitude of gratitude!" I am still here, alive & healthy. (for the most part) I still have a place within my family, where we eat, bathe, sleep, as well as having our own luxaries as well. Such as a TV, a computer, a running vehicle (for now anyways..) as well as clothes & toys for our children. Somedays are easier to remember these things that we do have, while other days, we NEED to try to focus on what we do have, as they can be easily be overlooked in times of hardship, as I know all too well... Anyways, just a quick "THANK YOU" for the much needed reminder!
Love to you,
Beth
Back to top Go down

Thought for Today..08/12/2010... "Why me"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1