Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Do you believe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Do you believe?   Fri 13 Aug 2010, 9:21 am

Friday, August 13, 2010

Prayer Conditioned

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of. -Alfred, Lord Tennyson

At the orientation of a week-long spiritual conference at a Pennsylvania college, one of the 500 participants raised her hand and asked, "When are we going to get our dorm room keys?" "We don't give out keys," the sponsor answered. "The entire campus is prayer conditioned. We have done conferences here for over ten years, we have never issued a key, and we have never had a theft or loss."
The consciousness we bring to any activity creates a psychic environment that protects or undermines what we do in that field. Prayer works. Holding an activity in prayer or a prayerful attitude will draw to it a wealth of support, energy, and protection. Scientific studies have shown that praying over food changes the food's chemical properties, and that hospital patients who receive prayer treatment recover faster than control groups.
In Russia, I visited a church where an icon of the Virgin Mary had been venerated during a plague. The plague took a grueling toll on the entire region except for the town that had prayed for intervention, which miraculously remained untouched.
When undertaking any significant enterprise or relationship, or when facing a challenge, make prayer your first line of support. It will help you far more than fear or worldly manipulation.
I place my trust in You. Though unseen to the human eye, You are perfectly present.
God is my strength and my fortress. Spirit never fails.
----------
This meditation is an excerpt from Alan Cohen's meditation book.

What do you think? I would love any responses to this quote that I have found this morning to hear any of your opinions regarding prayer, faith & just believing in something greater than ourselves. Do you believe? Please do respond & let's possibly make this a discussion?? We need to be conversing with one another as much as possible, as isolation only leads us down a one way path of misery & loneliness & we all know where that can lead US! (no where good, that's for sure!) Feel free to speak your mind. Even if you don't agree with this post, let us know & your reasoning's for your feelings! Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Yours throughout the journey,
Beth
Back to top Go down

Do you believe?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Inspirational Quotes :: Thought For Today-
Jump to: