Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

help...........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
desmotimmy

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-11

PostSubject: help...........   Mon 11 Oct 2010, 11:11 am

i quit H yesterday and im on my 21st hour, as some of you know im in agony is it safe to take my suboxone yet
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2207
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Mon 11 Oct 2010, 11:36 am

HI there
This is Dee and I am the Director of our organization. I have just sent you a Pm please check your in box
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Tue 12 Oct 2010, 12:41 pm

Hi Desmotimmy,

I am very glad to see that you have decided to reach out for HELP when you needed it the very most! And as you will see from Dee's Pm to you, she, as well as Barbara & myself, will ALWAYS be here (at least one of us) as well as any other members who might jump in to tell you their situation or how they went about handling a certain situation. Dee is the Manager of the forum & is very educated on the entire topic of addiction, recovery, Methadone, Suboxone, I really could go on & on regarding all that she knows about, but when she PM's you, I am just telling you that she sure knows her stuff! (Listen to her & what she has to say... I still do to this day!) Wink I think that I had jumped to conclusions in my welcome post to you about your Induction onto the Suboxone. I now understand why you are not calling your doctor & why you haven't received better instructions. I am sure that Dee has covered most of anything that I could possibly say to you right now, so I am just going to be your "cheerleader!!" jocolor I am very happy that you did reach out & have talked to Dee about the safest way to go about this major life change. I am also so VERY PROUD of your decision to choose recovery over that "Big H" that you had referred to within your post for help! It is certainly not the easy way out, nor do many make it out, yet YOU ARE TAKING THE STEPS TO FREE YOURSELF FROM THIS BONDAGE OF ADDICTION!!! Kudos to you my friend! cheers I am very glad to know that you are making it through this & you have all of my support as well as prayers throughout your withdrawals & into recovery! I really DO remember how badly the withdrawal feels & would rather have someone shoot me than to have to go through them yet again. And I have been in recovery for 2 1/2 years now & can still remember those awful feelings as if it were just yesterday! Are you feeling quite blessed at this point knowing that you will never have to endure them again after you get through this? I know that is something that has kept me from deterring from my path of recovery, as I NEVER want to, nor do I have to ever go through those again! What a relief that is in itself!! Just the knowledge & comfort of knowing how I am going to feel tomorrow & without the worry of having to obtain my DOC & without the worry of being sick! It is such a huge relief altogether! Like a Star @ heaven

How long has it been now since you have last used? If I am doing my math correctly, today around two should be your 48th hour, so you are getting extremely close to the point that you could safely take your first Suboxone without the worry of precipitated withdrawals, unless you have already chosen to do so. Are you still waiting or have you begun taking the Suboxone? If so, how are you feeling now? Isn't it just an amazing relief after you take that first dosage? Like you, I was in pure agony, felt like I could throw up at any given moment, cold, yet sweating profusely, shaking, MISERABLE & within about a half an hour of taking that very first tablet, I felt so much better, immensely different than when I had felt when I had first walked through those doors in pure withdrawals. It was almost like an instant miracle!! I hope that when you begin taking it that you will have the same results. If you have already taken it, how are you feeling now? I am anxiously looking forward to hearing back from you once you have started taking the Suboxone to see how much it has helped you!! I KNOW that you will do great & that soon this will just be a memory of how badly opiates can cause you great misery! Yet with Suboxone, how you really can get free from that anchor tied around your ankle due to addiction & begin to heal & live a "normal" life again!! A breath of fresh air!! Please keep us updated as to how this is working out for you & as I have previously said, you have so much support from everyone here, as well as many prayers being said on your behalf to begin to feel good again within your life!!
Way to go Desmotimmy!!! I love you

Hope to hear back from you soon!
Yours throughout this journey of recovery,
~Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
desmotimmy

Male

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Tue 12 Oct 2010, 2:41 pm

well i took my first dose 21 hrs after using (4mg suboxone) and even at that time suprisingly i wasnt really withdrawing that bad, not compared to the 3 times before, maybe because i had cut my heroin use down so drasticly in the past few weeks before stopping, i am feeling quite peppy normal and a little confused why im making it out so easy, any ideas??
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Tue 12 Oct 2010, 9:13 pm

In my past experience in withdrawing from Heroin the first day wasn't too bad on day two it was horrible, then on day three things started to tone down a little bit. But each time that I would start back up and use again the withdrawal would be worse than the time before.

Going by what you said, it could very well be because of the fact that you had been tapering your use before you started taking Suboxone. It would be really great if things continue the way they are right now wouldn't it.
It could also be taking longer for the Heroin to leave your system but I actually really doubt it. Most people start getting sick soon after stopping Heroin.
I really hope that things go well for you. It's time to start a road on your journey.
Have you thought about looking into some type of counseling or group therapy to help your with some of the crap that addiction leaves behind?
How did you take your Suboxone today? Did you take it when you got up this morning or wait until you started to feel bad? I ask out of curiosity and I am anxious to see how things go. Please keep us in the loop if you don't mind.
Good Luck
Dee

Back to top Go down
desmotimmy

Male

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Tue 12 Oct 2010, 11:35 pm

i only took a quarter late in the afternoon and still feel fine no WD symptoms still. i dropped my pill bottle and couldnt find the other quarter, and my usually psyco Lab is surprisingly calm so i think he found it. eeeeek
Back to top Go down
bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Wed 13 Oct 2010, 12:42 pm

Hi Desmotimmy!!

How are you doing today? I know that today would be an especially hard one if you did not have the Suboxone to help alleviate the cravings & miserable withdrawals... BUT since you do & going by your above post, it sounds like you are doing great! (as well as your Lab!) Wink LOL! Did you feel like a completely different person upon taking that first dosage of Suboxone? Did it almost instantaneously take away that agony that you were suffering through when you initially wrote this post? I am so very glad to know that you have indeed started it & are feeling decent... At least not going through any withdrawals! That in itself makes me know that you are having good results from the Suboxone! I am so happy for you Desmotimmy to be starting your road to recovery & as I continue to repeat to you, you have a crew of members who understand exactly what you were enduring & how blessed you must be feeling about now. We are all right here behind you, full of support & encouragement! I love you

Please do keep us updated as to how you continue to feel & keep your spirits high! Not to sound like a greeting card or anything, but your own perspective of the situation will help you to remain feeling good! Almost like brainwashing yourself to feel good again rather than what those opiates will do to your attitude by continuing to remind you that you must feel terrible so that you will feel tempted to take them! Now you are in the process of blocking off those receptors that cause your misery! You are on your way my friend! Like a Star @ heaven I hope that you are feeling that "attitude of gratitude" that comes with knowing that you will be okay without opiates! Have you considered any type of counseling to go along with the Suboxone, as I do know that the very best way of getting through this entire ordeal is the medication along with counseling to be able to spill your soul of all of the hurt that addiction causes along its destructive path & the pain that it causes you to have once you are into recovery, but can still remember all of the "wrongs" that we did while in active addiction. Something for you to consider... I am extremely happy for you & wish you nothing but the best in the days, weeks, months & years to come! I love you I hope that you have a big old grin on your face today knowing that you are being freed from that captivity of addiction! And yet again, WAY TO GO DESMOTIMMY!

Yours throughout this journey of recovery,
~Beth I love you

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Wed 13 Oct 2010, 6:10 pm

Great job!
Keep up the good work. And as for the lab, as long as it isn't showing any signs of distress I imagine he/she will be ok.
Remember the same medications that are used on us humans are also used on animals as well just in different doses. Although I don't think Naloxone is used for animals but I do know that opiates are used.
As Beth said, please keep us posted.
Best of wishes,
Dee

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Thu 14 Oct 2010, 11:37 pm

Hello desmotimmy
I just wanted to check in with you before I turn in for the night to see how things are going for you.
Please check in when you have a minute.
Best Wishes,
Dee

Back to top Go down
bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: help...........   Mon 18 Oct 2010, 7:29 am

Hello Desmotimmy!!

How are things going for you out your way? Are you hanging in there? I surely hope so & that you are feeling wonderful these days!! I love you

We haven't heard from you in awhile & I am just writing out of concern for you... As I have already said, I hope that you are doing just great & going about your new opiate-free lifestyle!! If you get the chance, PLEASE keep us in the loop of how this new journey is treating you & how you are getting along! You have definitely been on my mind with the best of wishes & the good days occurring for you as you have begun this journey of recovery!

Looking forward to hearing how you are getting along!

Yours,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help...........   

Back to top Go down

help...........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Suboxone Assistance-
Jump to: