Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Honesty and Truth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Honesty and Truth   Wed 13 Oct 2010, 11:46 am

October 13

Honesty and Truth

Ah, love, let us be true to one another! -Matthew Arnold

Do you know the difference between honesty and truth? Honesty means that your words and deeds are consistent with your experience. Truth means that your expressions are consistent with reality. EST founder Werner Erhard did an experiment in which he gathered together various groups of people who knew each other and asked one person to sit in the center of each group. The people in the circle were asked to express their feelings and reactions to the person in the center. The group members spoke in turn, over and over until they had each communicated all of their deepest and most personal feelings.

Werner discovered a consistent pattern-the initial responses were usually negative communications: "I am upset about this," and "I don't like when you do that." At a certain point after each person had exhausted expressing their upsets, they began to spontaneously express their appreciation for the subject. Finally, nearly every person, without any coaching, spontaneously communicated, "I love you."

This experiment tells me that at the core of our being we really love each other and we seek to express that love. Our fears and upsets cover the love at the center. When we honestly bring our upsets into the light, we unveil the love that was hidden. When these group members told of their angers and irritations, they were honest. When they declared their love, they were telling the truth.

We must be honest before we can be truthful. You cannot express the truth of love if you are harboring major areas of unspoken pain or upset. Be unafraid to speak of your upsets. If you hold your communications with the intention of healing and awakening, they will bring you to the love that is the truth.

Show me the truth of my love.

I speak from my heart and illuminate the truth.

----------
This meditation is an excerpt from Alan Cohen's meditation book, A Deep Breath of Life.
Back to top Go down

Honesty and Truth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1