Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Walking the Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Walking the Talk   Thu 28 Oct 2010, 9:34 am

October 28

Walking the Talk

The louder he talked of his honor
the faster we counted out spoons.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

At a spiritual conference, a sum of money was stolen from the table of one of the vendors. The fellow became angry and sought to lay blame. When the theft was announced to find out if anyone in the large audience had any information, silence ruled. Then a speaker named Carolyn raised her hand and suggested, “I would be willing to auction off a counseling appointment and donate the money to the man who lost his income. Who will make the first bid? ” By the time the bidding was done, the auction yielded an income of more than twice the woman’s regular fee, which equaled the amount the vendor had lost.
I was inspired by Carolyn’s willingness to help; it showed me that she is willing to live what she teaches.
Such integrity is a magnificent demonstration that the spiritual path is only as real as we are willing to live it.
Many of us talk a good game, but how many of us put it into action? Lao-Tse noted, “He who says, does not know. He who knows, does not say.” We do not need to talk a lot about what we are doing; we just need to do it. When we talk too much, we dissipate the energy we could be putting into action.
Words, although potentially powerful, are the least reliable index of who we are and what we believe. Emerson noted, “What you are speaks to me so powerfully that I can hardly hear what you are saying. ” We can lie with words, but not with our being. We can fool ourselves and others with rhetoric, but only actions reveal who and what we really are.

I pray to live what I believe.
Help my action match my words.

My deeds reflect my soul’s truth.
I am integrated in thought, word, and action.

----------
This meditation is an excerpt from Alan Cohen's meditation book, A Deep Breath of Life

Last edited by bfye on Thu 28 Oct 2010, 9:49 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correct/remove coding)
Back to top Go down

Walking the Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1